Its almost time to say goodbye to 2011 and I cannot help but look back at all that happened this year.
This was a tough year for me.
I had fibroid surgery, got divorced, went through two failed ART cycles, grieved the loss my embryos and the loss of ever having my genetic children, had a visit to the ER and now am besieged with this mystery pain. I can only hope and pray that 2012 is better.
On the bright side, my parents kept good health, I went on a fabulous vacation to Rome, I stayed employed which in this economy is a miracle unto itself and I started blogging which has been a tremendous stress reliever.
I am always pensive on New Year's Eve. Maybe its the fear of not knowing what the next 365 days will bring - good things or bad.
What I do know for sure is that 2012 will be the last year of my TTC.
If I am not successful in getting pregnant, then I will close that door knowing I tried my best and this time next year I will be making plans of how to live my life footloose, fancy-free and childless.
Oh and I am not making any resolutions this year since last year I reneged on most of them, so why bother.
Moving on to other things.
I had a good yoga class. It was my favourite instructor and I was finally able to give her the gift I had bought for Christmas.
I was super stiff during class and my balance was a bit off since I have not done a full 1.30hr class in 5 weeks, but it felt good even with all the twisting. Except when we were doing abdominal oblique exercises when my right side exploded with pain. I plugged on though since class was almost over. Anyways, felt nice and loose afterwards. The right side pain took a couple hrs to subside which makes me wonder if its a muscle thing.
Anyway after a nice healthy lunch of grilled chicken salad, I took a nap. Now I will go for a quick 30 min walk so I don't get sore tomorrow after all the yoga.
Then I will go over to my parents to have dinner with my them, my sis and her family and we may watch a movie. I don't think I will stay until midnight but get back around 11pm and watch the ball drop. Wish I could have a drink - sigh!
Wishing all you lovely ladies a fabulous New Years Eve celebration, whether you are staying in or painting the town red! You are a wonderful support system, and I pray that we get all our dreams answered in 2012.
Happy New Year! May 2012 be much better to us than 2011. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo it looks like 2012 will be the year we both call it quits. I can totally understand.
ReplyDeleteWith any luck you and I will both being getting our BFP's soon. Good luck!
I hope your pain subsides soon. Hopefully they'll soon find out the cause of it at the very least.
Happy New Year to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that the pain might be muscular. Sounds like the best alternative.
Looks like I'm with you and Rebecca above, it's my last year of actively ttc. I've had 3 Xmas's pass in my journey, damned if I have to watch more. So I pray that 2012 is our year, finally, pleeeeeaaase! Don't get me wrong, I will never take a BCP again, so if shit can happen, then so can miracles..
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.. I'm just about to go to bed after a big NYE last night.