Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you are having a relaxing and peaceful holiday.
Today has been a really busy day.
I went to the gym this AM for yoga only to find out that there was no class scheduled today. I have not gone in several weeks so did not pay attention to the schedule. Since I was already there and eager to work out, I did a quick 30 min on the treadmill and 30 minutes of yoga on my own in the yoga studio. I picked up my usual salad for lunch and came home and tidied up the front porch and the spent the next couple hours cleaning the downstairs in preparation for brunch tomorrow. I really worked hard but it was fun with the radio playing Christmas songs in the background. The house looks spotless and I feel a bit more relaxed now that all the clutter has been sorted out.
I then went to the grocery store around 2:30pm to shop for brunch only to find that the sausage I needed was sold out, so I had to drive across the city to another grocery store. I got home around 4pm and took a nap. Then was up, and got my casserole ready for dinner and went to my sis's place for dinner.
It was a fun evening with good food, wine and lots of presents. The best gift was a beautiful multiple strand pearl bracelet my parents gave me. My Dad also bought me a paper shredder. I guess he got tired of me borrowing his ...so I am looking forward to be doing some shredding this week. Wow -- that makes me sound really boring!
The most fun is seeing Buddy (their dog) open his gifts. He is so cute and gets really excited and then keeps trying to open everyone else's gifts too. He loved the squeaky chew toy I bought him. He had it in his mouth all evening long.
Tomorrow is the brunch so that should be enjoyable. I plan to be up early so I can get things ready and set up.
Merry Christmas! Have fun today! :-)
ReplyDeleteLOL! You know you're a grownup when you're excited about a paper shredder. :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you! I sort of "stole" my sisters shredder, borrowed really... but it is still hanging out at my house ;)
ReplyDelete