Thanks for the support, ladies. After a couple of glasses of wine last night, mixed in with some crying and an abundance of self pity, I feel a lot better today.
So, bright and early I called the Drs office and got an appt for Wed at 3:20pm to meet my GYN and discuss the report. The nurse told me that she had left a copy of the ER reports at the front desk and I could pick them up. So, I headed out around 10:30am only to find that they were not with the receptionist.
I waited for about 15 min and the Nurse came out and took me back to her office. She was unable to print the CT report since the doc had not yet reviewed it. I asked her if she knew how big the cyst was...she said they had not measured it, which I thought was odd.
Then she looks again and says it 1.5cm. Well, that was a relief. At least it is small, but she did say even small ones can cause discomfort. Um - yeah!
We then decided to book an ultrasound (transvaginal - fun!) for tomorrow AM. That way when I meet the Dr on Wed afternoon, she will have both the CT + ultrasound to look at. I need to know if this is a functional cyst, cancer, or what!
In other news, my Vit D is 27, the lowest it should be is 30, which means I am not horribly low, but definitely I should take supplements. I will talk to Dr about it Wed but I did some research and 1-2K of D3 daily seem to be the common dosage. Later tonight, I will type out all my questions for her.
I also emailed my RE's nurse last night and apprised her of the situation, but she has not replied back.
One question I had for RE was if there was a time lapse for the psych consult. I don't want to do it Dec 30 if I am benched for several months due to the cyst. I am sure the consult/report is valid for at least 3-6 mos I would think. BTW -- from my reading, the common treatment plan for cysts is BCP for 6 weeks followed by another scan. BCP's -- isn't that ironic??!!!
So, that is plan so far.
Hopefully the U/S tech tomorrow will tell me if its a normal looking cyst or if its a solid mass. They usually are very tight lipped but I will try to weasel out some information.......
Sorry, have been a bit of a selfish blogger of late and haven't been reading other's blogs. Am catching up now though.
ReplyDeleteI have had a few cysts over the years. I know because I have had many meetings with Dildo Cam. Mine have always resolved themselves and have always been harmless. One of them was massive (can't remember now how big, but massive). Ovaries tend to get cysts due to their function.
Good luck :-)
I was still able to have my last IVF with a 4.5 CM endometrioma (chocolate cyst). So there is always a chance they'll let you forge ahead too. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete