Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mid week update

Its been pouring rain here all day.

In the middle of a late afternoon deluge, I drove up to the OB/GYN's office. I had an appt. and figured I should keep it.  She suggested I get on some Vit D supplements (800-1000 per day of D3). She also reviewed both the CT and ultrasound results and thinks it was just a normal follicle that may have caused discomfort. She said it was likely not a hernia nor adhesions, since adhesions will pain all the time on movement and my pain comes and goes.

The only good thing is that its been 3 weeks and its not gotten worse and I can go some days without pain medication, so its not like I am on pain meds all day. 

Rebecca mentioned a bulging disc in a comment on  yesterday's post, and yes, I too am beginning to think this may be Musculoskeletal related. On Sunday the pain was defintely in lower back (right side), side and hip area.

So, I have decided to ignore it and get back to my active lifestyle - go for my daily walks, do my yoga, stretching etc and and maintian a good posture (I tend to have awful posture when I am on my laptop) and see how it goes the next couple of weeks. 
My company has a holiday break each year between X'Mas and New Years. Its great to get a paid week off, but then again we never get a lot of the other holidays (eg President's Day or Easter).

Anyway, I am looking forward to tomorrow being the last day of work and I am hitting the stores on Friday to do my shopping for the family.

Tonight I will wrap gifts for my neighbor, two yoga instructors and mailman.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy woman for shopping on Friday! I would have to be getting something absolutely essential to get me out at this time of year. I'm glad the GYN said everything looks good. Get more active but remember to listen to your body. If something starts hurting, back off for a bit. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope you find some pain relief soon. Massage maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you got a week off coming up, my boss used to do that, not anymore! :-(

    ReplyDelete