Its been pouring here all day and we even had a tornado sighted nearby in the afternoon, but the sirens did not go off which is odd.
Anyway the crazy weather prevented me from venturing out to go shopping which I had intended to do around 6pm. I have coupons to Vic.torias Sec.ret and Bath.n.Body which expire on the 24th and I was hoping to use them, either for myself or as gifts.
So, I guess tomorrow will be a really busy day since I have to go to one side of town to those stores and then another 15 miles to other stores and get my shopping done. I will take my Mom who is on vacation from her teaching job, and we can grab a nice lunch as well.
We usually do the big dinner on Christmas Eve and open gifts that night. Last year I held a Christmas brunch at my place, complete with smoked salmon and mimosas, which was a great hit. It has now become a new tradition. So, in addition to my shopping, I need to hit the grocery store to get ingredients for the Green Bean Casserole for X'Mas eve dinner and all the fun stuff for the brunch the next day.
I also have a long list of chores I want to get accomplished this holiday break. Household things that I don't get time to get to do during the weekends. I am not sure how much I will actually accomplish.
And I am excited to report that I am seeing little shoots sticking out from the ground where I planted the tulips and daffodil bulbs in Oct. I cannot wait to see how many actually come out next Spring.
Sounds like you have some great festivities coming up. But tornadoes for Christmas! Be careful out there.
ReplyDeleteYucky weather! We've just had rain, but nothing major. It sounds like you've got some goof plans for the holidays. :-)
ReplyDelete