So, today I decided to get out of my funk, stay away from Dr Google (thanks, Nell!) and go shopping with my Mom.
We first stopped by Mi.cheals. I needed to buy several picture frames for prints that I have purchased in my travels over the years. I have three prints from Paris, six from Quebec City and two that I recently purchased in Rome that need to be framed. I decided to forgo custom framing and get standard frames since its a lot cheaper. I got a good deal since they were all 40% off -- so now I have frames and next step is putting the prints in and actually hanging them up. I later realized I have a print I bought from Toronto some years ago that needs a frame too. In case you are wondering these are B/W or color prints of the city that are painted by local artists who sell them in tourist areas.
We then had lunch at Apple.bees and went shopping to JC Penney. My sister had give gift certs that we thought we could use, but I did not find anything that caught my eye. So, even with all the great deals we walked away with nothing, nada, zilch. I figured I would rather wait a bit and buy some spring/summer clothes.
I went for a walk around dusk and managed to clock abut 4500 steps, so that felt pretty good.
Tomorrow I have my DE appt with the psychologist. She is 50 miles away, so I will be leaving early to make it for a 10:30am appt. My Dad very sweetly offered to come along and sit in her waiting area. She works from her home so I had asked her if its okay for my Dad to come and if she has a waiting area. She said she has a gym with a treadmill so maybe he can occupy himself. The appt is 1.30 hrs long and afterwards I will take my Dad out to lunch. I think my Dad misses hanging out with me. He enjoyed our daily 2 hr drives to the RE's office when I was stimming back in Oct. So, today in typical Dad fashion, he checked the oil in my car and the coolant, to make sure it was ready for the long drive.
I am sucking down the antibiotics as ordered - Cipro and Flygyl. I know several of you had questions as to why. I am not sure really. I think they want to rule out any bacterial infection that may potentially be causing the pain/tenderness, before they go on to doing a colonscopy. The CT did not show any diverticulitis. One of the meds, Fla.gyl is not to be taken with alcohol so I guess no New Years Eve champagne for me :-( I need to call tomorrow to change my appt for the 11th and try to see the actual Dr, not the PA.
And lastly -- my sister called and asked if I wanted to have dinner tomorrow - just her and I. I was a bit taken aback but said yes. I am still very pissed off at her lack of support through all the shit I went through this year. She did however make an effort with my Christmas gift. She bought me some clothes, and in addition she had an artist create a custom tree ornament with a painting of my house. She took a photo of my house and her friend painted it on this beautiful delicate bauble. Its really very pretty and unique.
Last week she even asked about my abdominal pain. Its unlike her to think about anyone except herself and her kids. I wonder if my Mom told her I was down in the dumps and to take me out. We shall see if she actually asks about my life or goes on about her own.
Wow this is a really long post.....
That's really nice about your dad coming along. Have a good time with your sister.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great dad to me. I hope both the appointment and the dinner go well.
ReplyDeleteYour dad sounds pretty cool! I am so glad that he is supportive. I try to imagine my dad's response to my journey so far and my hopeful plans and just can't even imagine. He's been gone nearly 12 years now, but I think that he would be flabbergasted and not sure how to help. So long story, but I think I really like your dad. Have a good time with your sister.
ReplyDeleteI'll be joining you with the no drinking due to antibiotics. But there are other ways to celebrate NYE, like with chocolate!
ReplyDeleteHope you appt. goes well. So glad you had a good day shopping.