Monday, December 12, 2011

I made it...

...to Seattle today.

No issues other than some mild/medium pain for which I took Tylenol prior to departure.  Just as we took off my side started throbbing and I was like "okay, we are in the air I am committed to this trip now!"

At Seattle airport, I did a ton of walking with my purse, laptop bag and dragging my suitcase to get to the Light Rail up to the city and walk to the hotel......I held up well so I am feeling a bit comforted by that.

Yesterday I woke with with pain just coming and going randomly but I did not take any pain meds, so I could gauge if the pain was getting worse.  I spent most of the day resting with a heating pad...but I did pack, and go to the grocery store and even drove 10 miles to Wal.Greens.   I guess I wanted to do normal stuff to see how I held up...I do get pain when walking and sometimes even if I am sitting, but its manageable.
I did call the "On Call" OB/GYN yesterday around lunchtime. She called back within 10 min and was very comforting and did not forsee any issues with my travel. I think that made me feel comfortable.

So, that is the latest.

I am keeping a positive attitude about my trip and hoping the pain stays at this level and does not get worse. I got a positive OPK yesterday so who knows what will happen when I ovulate.
I did my due diligence and brought my Dr's business cards in case I need to call them and got the phone number of the local Seattle hospital and ER.

I will be here in Seattle until the end of the week. Its really cold and supposed to rain the rest of the week. The next three days will have long work days at the office and socializing afterwards.

Oh and I brought my hot water bottle, so when I am in my room I can use it if I need to.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely.. Take it easy and keep the hot water bottle close. Good comfort thing too. Nothing beats a snuggle warm bed. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hot water bottle is a great idea when traveling. Last time I moved I forgot to buy one and had to make a rice bag to deal with the pain.

    Hope you get your BFN in two weeks. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete