This Fall I have gotten two colds.
One right when I was stimming in Oct and another which I am fighting right now. I have been under a lot of stress this year which can reduce immunity. But I have noticed I invariably fall sick after I get back from a flight. Maybe its all those germs circulating in the cabin?
Anyways, I decided I need to do something to increase my immunity.
Also, I have been very lax about taking calcium. I do weight bearing exercise (e.g. yoga) but I know that calcium is important. The prenatals I have been taking for the past 4 years now (sigh!) have very little calcium in them which I find odd.
So, today I made a list of supplements and headed off to Tar.get.
I bought Vit C which will help immunity and it helps with skin regeneration (that can't hurt, right?) I usually only take it when I have a cold, but I think I will take some daily.
I also purchased probiotics which I had taken about a year ago and in addition to helping digestion, which is always a good thing, they help improve immunity too.
And lastly I bough Cal.trate (Calcium +Vit D) chews. However, as soon as I tore open the bag, I realized that instead of Chocolate flavour, I picked up Vanilla by mistake -- darn it!! I hate vanilla and now I have 60 of these chewable things which will take me a month to get through and I don't even want to eat it now which defeats the purpose entirely :-(
So, anyway all this stuff along with my pre-natal should hopefully do the trick. And lots of water, that is where I know I fall short. I just don't drink enough.
Hopefully all these supplements will help me become a bit healthier.
I hope you're feeling better soon. My doc told me that Vitamin D actually helps with respiratory stuff. I am a prescription Vit D. I need to start taking all the rest again- prenatals, folic acid, aspirin, etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure none of it will hurt. I do like probiotics. I tried then a couple years ago and was surprised at the difference.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon.