Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sunrise breakfast, pain, crab shack

I had an early wake up call today at 5:45.

Last night, I fell asleep at 10am (with ear plugs) and woke at 12:15am with music coming through the wall from the room next doors. I had to call Reception desk to complain, but eventually put a pillow on my head and fall back to sleep.  People can be so freaking rude in hotels!

I was at the office, bright and early at 7:30am. The hotel has an awesome restaurant, so my colleague and I always make time to have a good meal before we head out.

We had a productive day in deep dive meetings on a new IT environment that we are migrating too. My surprise of the day -- my boss decided that instead of showing a prospect our old platform we should demo this new platform tomorrow.

Umm, I just saw this application myself for the first time yesterday and you want me to to demo it? Really? 

We worked through lunch again and in the evening the two guests from Europe, three of my colleagues and myself went to a crab shack for dinner.

On a negative note --my pain was appreciably more intense today. It ached on/off all day on my side, and after work it was bad enough that I downed another 2 Tylenols before we left for dinner.  I was quite uncomfortable in the beginning at the restaurant, but about an hour later, it finally subsided somewhat. Its still uncomfortable. I cannot wait to go home and get this looked into.

I would love to turn in now,  but I guess I should go over my demo for tomorrow.

Geez, the music is back on in the room next doors.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what the treatment will be. I hope it's quick so you don't have to suffer through Christmas.

    ReplyDelete