Friday, December 16, 2011

Made it so far

Tonight is my last night in Seattle and I head home tomorrow at around 11am.

My demo with the customer went very well today. My boss commented that based on my performance he would not have guessed that I had only seen this application 48 hrs ago. It was a less busy day with more gaps between discussions.  I think we were all just burnt out after  the previous two marathon day-long sessions, not to mention some of us had other work to catch up on.

I am glad to be going back home, although I did have a MUCH better day today than I did yesterday in terms of pain.  I am having a difficult time believing it is a cyst because the pain is much higher than my ovaries.

Next week I plan to get my records from the ER and send them to my OB/GYN and have her take a look.  I don't like mystery pains that go on for weeks.  I am hoping I don't have to do any treatment or surgery. I cannot take any more crappiness this year!  My only consolation is that with the battery of tests they ran in the ER, they looked at all my organs including spleen, kidney, liver, appendix, GI tract, ovaries, etc, so hopefully its nothing too serious.

We had our company Christmas party tonight. It was a nice affair with an open bar and great food. I spent most of the evening with our European guests since I did not want then to feel left out. It was fun chatting with them.

In other news -- I am to be back in Seatttle in exactly 4 weeks, plus got an email from a customer asking me to travel to St Louis to do a presentation for them in Jan/Feb.  

I was hoping to start Lupron during my Jan Seattle trip -- maybe I need to push out my cycle to Feb/Mar &%*$!

Well I should turn in now. I actually get to sleep in a bit tomorrow before I head for the airport.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're in pain. :( All the tests they did does seem reassuring. Hope things get better soon. And congrats on the presentation.

    ReplyDelete