Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ultrasound Results

There is no cyst. 

You heard that right!

The right ovary looks normal, no cyst or anything untoward seen. I was a bit stunned when the U/S tech said that.

She did see some small fibroids which I knew I had from earlier but they are too small to be of any concern. She mentioned that women react differently to cysts. Some can be doubled over in pain with a small one, while other can have a cyst the size of a grapefruit with no symptoms.

So, while I was getting dressed, I asked her if it was likely that what they saw was just a dominant follicle. I did get an OPK the very next day so I was ready to ovulate.

We then looked at the ER report (finally) and sure enough they mention the cyst, but say it was likely just the normal dominant follicle. Wish they had mentioned that to me on Sat. Oh and they were not even able to see the appendix, but presume that it is fine, based on blood work.

Really?

I just got massive hospital bill (before insurance) for me to learn that I am ovulating and they cannot see my appendix, plus I have no reason for why my abdomen, side, hip etc still pain?

I am obviously very relieved and that the cyst has reabsorbed itself, but then what the heck is causing the pain???

So, after the  U/S, I stopped by the records office to get my ER records.

I then decided to stop by my GI's office (same hospital building) and drop off a copy, so in case I continue to have pain and its not related to my lady bits, then it must be GI related. That way I can call him and he can see what was done.

I will keep my appt with my GYN tomorrow given that its already booked, but I am very confused.

The past couple of days the pain has been more localized in my hip, thigh area. I know I have not been exercising or doing yoga both of which help with stretching so that could be causing the hip/thigh discomfort....but I still get odd pain in my abdomen.

I don't like mystery pains :-( 

So, I will continue to wait and watch over the next few days. And pray that my insurance picks up most of the tab.

5 comments:

  1. It sucks when they either don't tell us the whole story or treat us like we're idiots. Not all medical people do, but there are too many. Hopefully insurance will take care of most of the bill and hopefully you can figure out what is causing the pain. I know how frustrating it can be when you feel like no one is taking it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF? Pain wouldn't persist after ovulation would it? This makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all very strange. I can't imagine what else would be causing your pain. I hope they get to the root of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What side is the pain on? When I have it on my left side and there isn't a cyst its usually the back issues I have causing the pain. Could you possibly have a bulging disc?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, the pain is on the right side and on Sunday it was clearly right lower back and upper thigh which is why I too am thinking that it may be something to do with my back. Bad posture or a muscle injury or as you say a bulging disc? I am going to start my stretching and yoga since that should help.

    ReplyDelete