Monday, December 5, 2011

TTC Update

So, I actually have a TTC related post!

Tomorrow early morning I have an appt with my OB/GYN for some cultures needed for IVF. My tests from last year have expired so I need them redone.

While there I will tell her about my chemical pregnancy.  She is such a wonderful doctor and person. She performed my robotic myomectomy in Feb and did a fabulous job in getting all them all out.

The last time I met her it was early Sept and I was there for my annual exam. It was just before I started my second IVF.  She gave me a big hug and wished me luck. We also discussed donor eggs. She was very postive about it and told me if that was a route I wanted to go,  not to wait too long.

I want to ask her opinion on the risk factors for carrying twins at my age. My clinic usually puts in 2 embryos. My RE suggests to only do one at a time even though it will be added expense to go back and put the second one in should the first try not work.  But assuming I can manage the logistics of having two babies (yes, I am going 10 steps ahead here) I am concerned about risk factors. So, I would like to ask my OB on what she thinks about it.

In other news, I emailed my RE nurse to ask if I was to begin Lupron on CD 21 in Jan and I was out of town when AF arrives, will I have to stop the Lupron and lose that cycle?

She replied back saying that it should not be an issue and the supression check can be done a day or two into AF if needed. That is great news assuming I can pick a donor so quickly.

Also, I asked if I can get access to donor profiles, she said not until all tests and paperwork are completed (big surprise!).

So lots to get done this month.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be busy. I'm about to get all my tests run again soon. I laugh. I know that the CDC has rules, but I can guarantee at least on the disease front that, there is no worry! :-) Good luck with tests, and paperwork, and choosing the right donor for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like you have a lot to get accomplished in a short period of time. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete