So here is the update in bulleted list:
- I told her my sad tale of the recent IVF and was surprised to find myself fighting back tears telling her my Beta numbers. Its amazing how sometimes the sadness hits out of nowhere.
- She is in agreement with my RE that I do not need any RPL testing. Its not like I have had RPL (only one) but I sometimes wonder if when I was natural TTC if I may have had chemicals and not even known it. I am not a serial POAS'er and most HPTs don't pick numbers below 20-25...so who knows. But its all speculation at this time so lets move on....
- She also agrees with my RE that I should avoid putting in two embryos. Both a "first pregnancy" and being over 40 does increase the risk of preclampsia and other issues. Not to say that it cannot happen with a singleton, but chances are higher with multiples. I felt glad that they both feel the same way since that is what I am leaning towards.
- She feels that I have given it my best shot with my own eggs and the fact that first IVF I got one lousy egg (converted to IUI), and second try only 2 out of 5 mature eggs fertilized with ICSI is pretty telling on my egg quality. Sadly, I have to agree.
- She ordered a blood test for Vit D which I had done immediately. I have been reading about Vit D deficiency and egg quality, not that egg quality is an issue any more of I use a donor, but even otherwise its supposed to be good to have normal levels for immunity etc.
- She is super supportive of the idea of donor eggs. She asked if I had family support since that was important.
- She said while she is not a psychologist obviously, but based on her years of experience she feels that I have what it takes to be a single Mom and to make this all work. It felt good to hear someone actually say that to me.
- She said that my uterus felt in good shape as she did my internal and reiterated that because of the myomectomy I will need a C-section if/when I deliver.
I also got a call from the psychologist to re-confirm my appt for Dec 30. Apparently she had not recieved my message from last week. So, that is all set as well.
Finally, the laugh of the day -- when chatting with my OB/GYN she inadvertently used the word "elderly" when talking about age and pregnancy risk factors. We both cracked up as she corrected herself.
Oh and I know I have a lot to get done before Jan 16th, but I am not stressing. If I don't find donor etc or just feel I need more time, I will push it out a month.
Wow, this is a long post. And here I was planning to not post daily ;-)
glad the appt went well and that you are comfortable with your ob
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about Vit D levels and infertility issues. I'm going to have to look into that one as my Vit D level 1.5 years back was only 24 so they put me on the mega dose amount of 50,000Ius a week. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds positive. I still tear up talking about miscarriages too. Regarding the daily posts. I post whatever is on my mind. My blog is a TTC blog but sometimes it's not about that at all.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm here from Knitting Vixens blog. I'm looking for new bloggers to support and share the poo times with. I'm so interested to follow your journey and lend support and have a laugh along the way.
ReplyDeleteMy blog is private, but Id love to invite you if you can email me on rpowerranger@hotmail.com.
Xxxx
Tee @ infertilitee.blogspot.com