Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Christmas and GI Visit

Yesterday I was quite fatigued all day. I think the couple of glasses of champagne at Christmas brunch did me in a bit. So, I just stayed indoor and then went for a massage at 4pm.

My massage therapist found my right hip quite stiff so she worked on it for a while. I do think that was causing some of the lower back pain I have been having recently. It felt nice and loose when I left her. I need to get back to my daily walking, I tend to become a slug in winter :-(

The "re-do" dinner last night was great. My parents, niece and nephew came over and we finished all the leftovers which was great. I have just have two slices of ham left which works well for me.

Today I went to the PA at the GI's office to discuss the right side pain. Yesterday after my massage therapist worked on my hip muscles, my abdomen has been tender, wonder if its related.  Anyway, long story short, there is definitely pain when pressed. She wants me to take an anti-spasm med, up my fiber and water to make things move along more (sorry TMI).  I don't have trouble in that area but she thinks it will help if there is scar tissue obstrcting the area. If all this does not resolve it, then she suggests a colonoscopy since that is the only way they can get in to see what is going on. The fact the CT was clear is somewhat comforting but who knows. 

So, I plan to meet her in 2 weeks and go from there. If things don't improve then I would like to get the colonoscopy in early Feb so I can still cycle in end Feb. assuming all is well of course.

Never ending issues :-(

4 comments:

  1. I detest getting a colonoscopy done. Its not so much the scoping part its the meds you have to take before hand to clean you out.

    Hope all gets better with you soon and that the pain will go away on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drives me nuts when things get in the way of our cycles. I hope it doesn't hold it up at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rebecca that I HATE the pre-colonoscopy meds. They are nasty. Hopefully it won't be needed. That massage sounds wonderful right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I hope the massage and fiber stuff works. Sending good thoughts. Your food/leftovers sounded really yummy! A re-do is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete