Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting Organized

I am a neat freak.

Something as simple as a pile of unopened mail can cause me great consternation.

Now that will likely change when I have a baby, since messiness is part of raising kids. But for now since its just me, I don't see why I cannot have a meticulous home.

The past couple of month I have been preoccupied with my IVF and vacation, so I have been very lax in keeping my paperwork organized. It was not a priority. So, this week while I have been unpacking, I have steadily made progress tidying up.

Today I finished work early and was able to put my suitcase away, clean the entire downstairs floor of the house, vacuum the staircase, spend about an hour outdoors planting my pansies in the patio boxes and some potted mums in the yard (hopefully they come back next year).

I also organized my office space and filed all the paid bills.

I am tired but I feel glad that my task list is halved, and I don't have too many chores left for the weekend. TGIF!!

Oh and I just realized it was this time a week ago when I returned from Rome. It feels like a lifetime ago!

This is what my pansises looked like last year. This time I have put yellow, purple and maroon.

2 comments:

  1. I like to be organized, but you would never know it from my desk at home. I'm almost to the point of just throwing everything away everything on the desk and starting over. But then what if I need something? And so it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so organized, but would like to be someday when I grow up. The flowers look lovely. It must be warm to have flowers this time of year.

    ReplyDelete