Monday, April 30, 2012

Working Sunday

Yes I ended up having to work yesterday for a few hours.

Just as I was leaving for a massage, I was informed of some issues at work, so a lot of the day was spent on phone and emails, but I still managed to have a nice day.

After massage I treated myself to a hot Reuben sandwich and iced tea - heck I am indulging in all forbidden treats this weekend. I then stopped by the garden center and picked up a bunch of annuals and some perennials for my yard.

I came home worked for a bit, then took a nap (nice!). In the evening after working some more, I headed out to the yard and did some planting, pruning trees, tidying up etc.

I was horrified to find my blueberries were all shrivelled up, but thankfully it was only dehydration since they looked better after I had watered them. Phew!

I then sat in the back porch and relaxed. It is still beautiful outside in the evenings and no bugs as yet...so I want to enjoy it while I can. I think I will invite my parents to a back yard dinner this week.

I have made an appt. with my RE for 11th, so we will look at next steps then.  Untill that time I am just planning to relax, get some projects done around the house and have lots of fun. 

Sunflower's 40 days of Fun - yes that it what I shall call it - until the drudgery of the next cycle begins!!
The fact that cycling now seem like a drudgery tells me I am definitely nearing the end of this journey.

I am not taking any meds for a full week....no vitamins either.

I just need a complete break from injesting, poking and inserting things into me!!

9 comments:

  1. Break time is so nice. We are on break right now too and I actually indulged in liver pate' today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting away all medicine related to ttc and infertility can be quite therapeutic. Enjoy your 40 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forty days of fun sounds like a fantastic idea. :)

    I have a question about growing blueberry bushes: how do you keep birds from eating all the berries? I'd love to grow blueberries, but I fear it would be a futile endeavor if I can't keep at least a few for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first blueberry bush. Last year was Year 1 so no fruit. This year there are berries -- still greenish though so not ripened yet. I will have to see what the birds do. I have it in a pot on my back porch and there is a big red umbrella and tables/chairs so hopefully the unbrella will be a deterrant. We shall see...I will keep you updated.

      Delete
    2. Oh I do have an organic repellent for animals - squirrels and deer. Not sure if it will work on birds. I should go look at it. Smells nasty...so I may spray it on the porch (not plant) if I see any birds showing interest.

      Delete
  4. Sunflower's 40 Days of Fun- I love it! Be good to yourself and have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break...and your blueberries, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your 40 days of fun!

    ReplyDelete