Today's post is going to be a series of posts throughout the day...so keep checking back.
8:08am
Firstly, thanks to the lovely ladies who left comments yesterday on my negative Beta post. You are such a fabulous support system.
I had a long chat with my Mom on the phone yesterday evening and we talked about next steps and egg donors. She is being so awesome and I am so lucky to have her. While her biggest worry is what all these drugs may be doing to my body, she gets why I am doing this and I can be candid with her. My sister either does not know (or care) about my cycling and so I do not involve her in it at all. None of my friends IRL know about my TTC either so its great to have my Mom to talk to about this stuff.
Yesterday when I called my parents to tell them the Beta results, my Dad was really sweet and said he was sorry that it did not work. He had accompanied me as usual to the RE's office and had asked me when will I hear back on the test result. I realize that they are vested in this too.
Last night I cooked myself a nice dinner and got "drunk as a skunk". Well not really....but I love that phrase. I did get buzzed though on 2 glasses of wine. Yes, I am a light-weight when it comes to alcohol, as a result I slept early and really well.
Earlier this morning as I sipped my caffeinated tea (yay!) I purged the house of infertility, and by that I mean I chucked all the empty crinone containers and pill boxes. Cleared my bedroom side table and kitchen counter of all my meds, boxed all leftovers and put them away - out of sight.
I have flung open all windows and letting in the cool morning air (and pollen? Um, I hope not)
For the next 4 weeks, until my next cycle this house have no traces of cycles or infertility. I need a clear house and a clear mind!
Off to make another cup of tea...why the heck not right?
8:50pm
I had an uber fabulous day.
I went and saw Les Miserable. It was my first time seeing it and I have wanted to for about 15 years but just never got the chance. I have seen many anniversary shows on PBS so I am familiar with the music. It was even more awesome than I had imagined and I got goosebumps with some of the songs. The actors are so talented. When I had found out my beta was 27th I was glad I had this show to see the next day since it gave me something to look forward to if I had disappointing news.
Then went and had dinner with my parents...so now going to chill and have a relaxed evening.
Sorry about the BFN but glad you have everything in perspective and are moving forward. I know how cleansing a "infertility" free home can be so enjoy.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're doing well & enjoying your wine, tea, etc...you sound to be in a really good place after the disappointment of your last cycle.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the BFN. I am extremely impressed by how "up" you are being with it all. For this next four weeks, enjoy your clear mind. Don't think about all the craziness and enjoy the calm within you.
ReplyDeleteI like your attitude. I'm now in the holding pattern too. Wish we lived closer so we could spend some time together not talking about infertility.
ReplyDeleteHave some caffeine and alcohol for me. Wish I could but the ulcer prevent that bit of indulgence.
I'm so sorry about the negative test - but you handled your expectations so well, and hence you now sound so sane and together. I admire your attitude so much - it's going to serve you really well in this nutty process. I really hope your clinic puts a hold on the donors you want, and that next cycle goes much better. In the mean time, enjoy that wine!
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of removing all things infertility and TTC from sight. Good plan. Sounds like you had a good day; you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love Les Mis! Even my cheap self has seen it numerous times and that is saying something. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :-) Next time we should go together.
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍聊天室破解
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍網站破解
真愛旅舍下載
真愛旅舍直播
真愛旅舍官網
真愛旅舍手機app
live173影音視訊聊天室
live173影音live秀
live173直播平台
live173影音live秀-免費視訊