Last night I emailed the lady at the Bank to thank her for her help with my paperwork and let her know that the loan got cancelled. This is the person who at first had an attitude when I met her in person, but later became nice.
Anyways, she did help me out, so I wrote her a "thank you" email and appreciated her willingness to help me and to talk with my re-fi guy and get him the papers he needed to go ahead. She also discouraged me from spending $50 in FedEx charges since she felt the papers would be signing within a day or so, and she was right!
So, she deserved credit and its always nice when one's efforts are appreciated.
Today I got a reply back and its obvious that she does not get a lot of feedback from people since she started her email by saying " I can’t tell you how much this note means to me." She then went on to explain that she wanted to help since my re-fi had special conditions and she complimented me on going "above and beyond" what customers do to check up on their loans.
Yeah, she does not know I am a Type A personality and a control freak to boot ;-)
But she was obviously appreciative that her work was recognized, and I am glad. I know when customers compliment me it is always a good feeling.
In other news, I am in the Estrogen euphoria phase --- and am happy as a clam for no apparent reason.
Its only since TTC'ing and IVF in particular that I am seeing the direct effect of hormones on mood. In my 20's and 30's, other than feeling a bit irritated before my period, I did not pay much attention to all this stuff.
Last IVF I was doing Estrogen Priming Protocol so I was very even keeled mood-wise and had no adverse affects despite the massive quantities of drugs they were pumping into me. The only thing I experienced was a lot of fatigue caused by the daily 2 hrs commute to the RE's office for scans.
This cycle the hormonal affect has been much more evident since I was on Lupron alone for 14 days. I now realize that it not only affected my mood (did not feel it at the time though) but I was tired and in bed by 9pm and all those aches/pains. Now I am back to feeling normal.
Dinner tonight:
Appetizer: Organic tomato slices with basil from my herb pot and a spalsh of balsamic vinegar.
Entree: Organic Ribeye steak, organic broccoli (I am addicted to it! I dislike regular broccoli) and wild rice.
Dessert: Organic Strawberries
Hopefully the steak comes out nice. The 2-3 times I have tried to cook it at home, I almost always overcook it and its like leather :-(
My local grocery store is beginning to carry a lot more organic stuff in order to compete with the Fre.sh Mar.ket that opened up recently, so its easier for me to eat more organic food which is something I have wanted to do for a long time. The stuff really does taste a lot better.
I'm glad you took the time to write the loan lady. We both know how something like that can really brighten someone's day. :-)
ReplyDeleteI also work in a service position where I rarely receive thanks, so I know how special it feels when someone recognizes the efforts I go to for them. It was lovely of you to brighten the banker's day. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I need to get on some estrogen, ASAP!
I need estrogen too!
ReplyDeleteVery nice of you. People are quick to complain but slow to compliment. If we all said one nice thing everyday the world would be a better place. Giving a complement is free and absolutely makes that persons day..
Very nice to read you let Bank Lady know you appreciated her efforts. It's so true that people are quick to complain but rarely take the time to compliment good service.
ReplyDeleteThat was super nice of you to let her know that you appreciated her help. The only time most people in the service industry get any feedback is when it's negative.
ReplyDeleteThat was a nice gesture - you probably made her week! I am still jealous of your dinners. You are going to be in such good shape when you get pregnant - I am finding it such a struggle to eat right because I am too lazy to cook myself proper meals.
ReplyDelete