Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekend Plans

I am so glad its the weekend.

Last weekend was most un-weekend-like because of the Sunday transfer and all the associated angst since the Friday the 13th fertilization report. The weekend before was consumed by the family tragedy,  so I am so looking forward to a stress free weekend.

Today was a hellish day at work. No other way to describe it.

We had an issue that had been simmering for months, and which I have gone hoarse trying to raise to everyone's attention. Well this customer's patience finally ran out and things hit the fan, and everyone is bemused and concerned. I'm thinking "Really, you are surprised?!"   How about all the emails I have been sending for MONTHS anticipating this and warning everyone that we were literally on the breaking point with this customer. Those were ignored. And now basically our executives are surprised that the customer is pissed off. Um.... if you refuse to provide support to customer issues what do you expect to see happen. There were a couple of very antagonistic internal calls so that was no fun.

Anyways, I managed to finish work at a reasonable time and head out with my Mom to have dinner and a see a Broadway musical at our local theatre. It was hilarious and both my Mom and I laughed until it hurt. We both really needed that emotional release.

I have been exercising daily except for Transfer Day (and today). I have been walking and it is helping with the daily headaches. Its weird I get the headache during the day, however, after a walk and at night its gone. Probably a stress/tension headache from work, I would not be surprised.

Tomorrow I have yoga which I am looking forward to. I had a massage appt which I cancelled and booked it for next week so I can pamper myself after beta.

I am having a difficult time remembering to take my meds so they are not consistant times, but I am sure its not going to make any difference anyways. I do have to say that despite the Estrace and Crinone I have no sore breasts at all. Its surprising to me since progesterone normally gives me soreness, but I have never taken it in this form so it will be interesting to see if it stays that way or if once the level builds up it will happen.

Not sure what I am doing on Sunday...maybe some yard clean up, and planting some summer annuals.

I am half-way through my faux-TWW...so only one more week of meds to take. I cannot wait to be off them.

This time next week you will find me knocking back a couple of glasses of wine and munching on sushi :-)

5 comments:

  1. Stress at work can definitely cause plenty of physical as well as emotional headaches. I was planning to plant today but it's raining here, so we'll see. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last 2-3 weeks really have been tough ones for you. I think you're holding up amazingly well under the stress. You definitely deserve some wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a relaxing weekend! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete