Thursday, April 12, 2012

Keeping Busy

I have been keeping myself busy the past few days.

Luckily work has been very hectic, so I barely get much time to think about anything except make sure I am taking my meds per schedule.

My re-fi processs is moving along. I got a preliminary call from them couple of days ago, and now have another two weeks before I get any additional paperwork to sign off on.

I have now about less than a week left before transfer and started on the Doxy and Crinone yesterday.

It is amazing how the time was passing so slowly when I started out, and now its like a super speed train with days slipping by quickly.

I had a mild bit of panic on two counts.

One that donor egg/embryo/FET pregnancies increase the risk of hypertension and preeclampsia, plus being over 40 and a first time pregnancy are in themselves risk factors :-(  So that was concerning, but I guess not much I can do about it but hope for the best of I was to get pregnant. 

Second was reading the warning about birth defects on the progesterone packaging. I really need to stop reading product inserts!   So, being the person I am, I googled extensively last night and read several research papers and it appears to be just 1-2 cases that were reported in general with no direct linkage confirmed, so does not seem concerning.   Progesterone has been used for years of IVF treatment, so I am sure its fine.  Again not much I can do about it since I need it - period.

So, other than those two items, I am still keeping very calm about the cycle and the outcome. Just taking one step at a time, one day at a time.

Still feel waves of sadness on our loss last week. It was last Thrusday I heard the news....but just trying to focus on what is going on in my life, and if some thoughts come up I acknowledge them and move past it.

I have been exercising daily, trying to stay better hydrated which is a tough one for me and get adequate sleep (Thanks Evelyn for the week long challenge!).  I have not cooked in some days....so hope to make some fish tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are keeping generally calm. I'm glad you checked more deeply into the progesterone thing-I learned that in a research class I took in college: the starting percentages, numbers of subjects, etc. all affect what the study actually means.

    I imagine thoughts will continue to surface for a while and acknowledging, taking care of yourself sounds good. Sending care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, especially after the tragic event last week. Keep it up! Your FET will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to say Hi. I first want to say how sorry I am for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Those package inserts paint the worst case scenario and may be based on a handful of trials. And honestly, you need a bunch to come to a conclusive association of anything. Anything having to do with pregnancy increases the risk for the drug manufacturers, and I agree-they've been using progesterone forever without significant # of major side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too need to stop reading those labels and information leaflets. I'm back on the endometrin as of yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too worry about the possible problems of "advanced maternal age." If I am blessed to get pregnant, I will try to take care of myself and pray for the best. Once again, so much of it all is out of our hands. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing how fast the time flies when it gets close. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The info in med packages are "arse covering". If you ever want to use Google to research, use "GoogleScholar", which proves only educated answers, not that of chat rooms etc..

    Stay strong, you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete