Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This and That

Not much to report really. Just passing time waiting to finish my tww and start planning my next cycle.

A few good things have come out of this exercise in futility.

Firstly given it is such a long and laborious protocol and quite simple in terms of the injectibles I am much less stressed about work trips during the next cycle. I was lucky these past weeks that while work has been busy there have been no trips, but that will change soon enough.

Secondly, I have already chosen two different donors and on Friday as soon as my Beta results come in I will get them to start booking me the donor so we don't lose time.

Thirdly, I have been able to symptom spot objectively with no neurosis about what it all means.
  • I have noticed that after about 2 weeks on Lupron I get body aches until the Estrace builds up the estrogen in my body.
  • Initially on Estrace I am happy as a clam and later when the dose increases I can tend to get bad headaches.
  • I need to drink MUCH less water before transfer to avoid the bladder drama I had this time.
  • Medrol does make my BP go up a bit...now I know so can expect that.
  • I had some mild cramping a day or so after transfer and some major cramping about a week later but other than that have felt very normal.
  • My breasts are not sore on Crinone as they were on Endometrin, so that is something I need to remember. It will be interesting to see what my Progesterone number is on Friday. I know that with suppositories it is usually low since its not in the blood stream.
  • I have not had any spotting or anything indicating the Prog is low or that the suppositories are irritating me.
So, at least it was not all a waste. I have some good data points. I am still wondering if next cycle I get dud embryos, will I do it a third time?  That is the question keeping me up at nights.

Work was frantic today but I did get a lot of stuff off my plate so hopefully the next few days will be busy, but not "My head is spinning" type busy.

Tonight I plan to cook dinner, after a LONG time. Well...a week to be exact. Not sure what I am in the mood for.   Maybe when I get to the grocery store I will get some inspiration.

UPDATED:
Funny story...

I went to the grocery store and at checkout I looked at the stuff I was buying and to any outsider it would look like I had a hot date tonight - dozen red roses ($3.99 on sale), organic strawberries, cibatta bread, bottle of nice Merlot, beef, pasta and fixings for salad.  lol :-)

BTW -- Merlot is for Fridaya night! Oh I am making bolognese sauce from scratch. Its supposed to simmer for 4 hrs, its already 8pm, don't think I will wait 3 more hours!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are looking at things so positively. I know that I will have desogen, lupron, estradiol injections, and PIO injections. It all sounds so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man wish I could be there to share that dinner with you. I hope that next DE cycle things go a heck of a lot better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope u know my thoughts are with u mate. Sorry I am disbandoning my post, I have put myself first for a change. If I post, I won't advertise on my public blog. I'm on Twitter which is full of more positives, ok, so mostly sport but that's a good thing, it's what I know and have faith in..

    Will always check in on u and the few others that I have some invested interest in. U r a genuine caring human, and I hope to see you become the person u strive to be, that is a mum, but I know from what I read that u r already r a success, I just hope u see it too..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tee. While I do miss reading your blog posts, I am glad that you are taking care of yourself and focusing on the many postives in your life. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

      Delete
  4. You sound pretty darn sane right now, as usual. I am really hoping you get relief soon from the headaches - that is a drag. In the mean time, you are cooking up some really tasty sounding dinner...can I join you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete