Thank you very much for the kind messages of condolences and support left on my previous post. It really felt comforted reading them and I am very appreciative of your virtual friendships.
This may be a bit of a dark post so please feel free to skip. I need to write about it since its therapeutic for me.
We are doing better given the circumstances. The only way I can describe what I am personally feeling is "shaken to the core". I am still in denial, but its only been two days.
The emotional crying part stopped by end of day Friday, although I did break down a bit last night and this morning. The hormones are not helping I am sure.
I think what is causing me the deepest sadness is realizing that someone we deeply loved felt so hopeless and unwanted that she decided to end her life. That she felt she had no choices, no way out, and that nobody will care if she is gone. That is basically what it boils down to.
But the question remains -- WHY!? What was so bad going on in her life that nobody could help. Why did nobody who lived with her (son, daughter in law) not see it? She apparently was on anti-depressants for a month (we never knew) and stopped about 5 months back. I know we will never get any answers for that and it will always be something that haunts us all. I am sure its much worse for her son and daughter who were part of her daily life.
That is what brings on the tears, just knowing that my aunt was so alone in all this and she did not see that she had so many people who loved her.
I have read a few websites about family members dealing with suicide, just to try and get some perspective. It seems what I am feeling is normal and the questions will never end. But as they say it is a choice the individual made and we have to just accept that. Its much easier said than done though.
It does appear that she was thinking about it since that other young mother ended her life, the friend of my cousins. My aunt was asking a lot of question about how that girl did it, and my cousin answered her, not realizing that maybe her interest was beyond curiosity. Maybe her recent upbeatness was the calm, where she knew she had a way out?
So, its mind boggling, that is the only way I can describe it. And my aunt was such a big personality, loud, boisterous, always in control, etc. She was really tough and had handled a lot in her life...that is how everyone knew her, so that is even harder to reconcile. She was not the same person off late which is why my Mom about 8 months ago had reached out to my aunt's daughter to ask her about her mother, and tell her we were all worried. Her daughter just pooh-poohed it saying her Mom "was needy" and nothing else.
Hopefully as time passes I will be able to accept that it was her choice at the end, and she is at peace now.
I am also sad because I know she would have been such a big supporter of my decision to become a SMC. She did not know that I was trying, but I always knew that if I ever got pregnant and told her she would be so happy for me, and be totally supportive.
I went for yoga today so that helped me center a bit and spent some time out in the garden.
I need to put closure to this the best way I can.
My therapist once told me that suicide feels like the biggest rejection there is. It leaves so many questions for the survivors. I hope that your family finds a way to cope with the unanswered questions and to heal. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteDon't take this the wrong way but my psychiatrist told me that suicide is a selfish thing to do. In a way it is. We get so wound up in our own emotions we don't care about anyone or anything outside of our own person. We only concentrate on the negative.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you can find a way to forgive her someday. Some questions will never have an answer.
Sorry for your loss.
Depression is a horrible disease and makes people do drastic things. I've heard many people describe it as a selfish act and it is I suppose, but I don't think anyone can judge another person's actions without knowing how they were feeling...and I don't think anyone can ever fully know how another person feels. It's a very sad situation and I'm so very sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteDepression is a serious illness, and your aunt would not have been rational at the time. She was sick and obviously didn't have the medical help at the time. So please dont 'blame' her or try to understand why she did it. I've heard suicide being described as selfish and gutless, but we are not speaking of someone in a right mind, therefore how could they be described as this. She obviously battled demons that no one knew of, and quite possibly had an illness that was not diagnosed and treated.
ReplyDeleteI've seen a lot of suicide in my life and even those closest to that person had no idea. I think people are good at keeping things to themselves and no one should blame themselves for not knowing.
Take care and sending prayers to your family..xx
I agree with what Jen said...there is no way to know why & that's the hardest for the survivors. To call some one selfish for taking their own life is unfair. I'm so very sorry you & your family have to go thru this.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how heartbroken you are, it is a very hard thing to understand and accept. I'm sure your aunt didn't want any of you to suffer, we all get wrapped up in our own little world sometimes and if you go too far you just lose sight of everything else. I feel terrible for her for thinking that was her only way out, and of course it's terrible for all of you. I hope someway or another you all can find some peace. xoxo
ReplyDelete國外免費開放聊天室
ReplyDelete免費裸體美女聊天室
色情美女視頻聊天網站
美女裸體免費聊天網站
免費女主播聊天室
Q臺妹-真人摳逼裸聊
國外免費開放裸聊室
免費進入裸聊室
免費夫妻視頻真人秀
免費進入主播裸聊室