Saturday, April 21, 2012

Being Unproductive

Today I was very unproductive and did not do much.

I had a good nights sleep and woke with the plan to go for yoga, but after abut 30 minutes of being up I was getting AF like cramps in my lower abdomen and generally feeling achy there. Not sure why, maybe the crinone?

Anyways, I did not feel like going to a 1:30hrs intense yoga class and since I was not doing much else drove to McDonalds to get breakfast (bad me!).  After breakfast, my cramps went on another 2 hrs and finally subsided around noon. So, I generally relaxed and watched a movie.

Then by late afternoon, the cramping returned, but now it was evident that my digestive system was not happy. I have been eating extremely badly this week, and been over-indulging in diary which is unlike me, given I am lactose intolerant. I think my body has got sick of all the junk I have been putting in it.

That would probably explain all the cramping I was having earlier too. It did not help that it was my nephew's birthday celebration today and we had Thai food for dinner.

So, its is back to non-dairy healthy home cooked meals for me now.

The silver lining in all this is that I got a day to stay home and do nothing but nap and watch Net.flix and surf the net.

Its nice to be unproductive sometimes. Hopefully my tummy calms down.

5 comments:

  1. Poor belly! I hope the healthier focus will ease up your belly cramps. Isn't weird how our bodies try to tell us things? Enjoy your quiet times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes being unproductive can be the perfect thing. At least that is what I tell myself as I am being unproductive. :-) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a lazy Saturday - sounds like you needed it after last week but your poor tum! I have dairy issues too so try and stay away from it as much as I can. I do pretty well with avoiding most dairy but cheese is my weakness! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking time for you is always nice.

    ReplyDelete