I am feeling a bit better today.
Yesterday after a my yoga practice which I dedicated to my aunt, I took my Mom to a place of worship.
I am not super religious on a daily basis, but I do like to visit there several times a year before important milestones or as in this case sad occasions.
We spent about an hour there and got blessed. Just sitting there gave us both so much peace. Afterwards as we stepped out into the sunshine and seeing the rose bushes blooming we both felt calmer. It helped to say goodbye to her in that venue and accepting that she is finally at peace.
I have no hard feelings towards her at all, and I certainly do not blame her. I just feel sad that she needed to do this in the first place, but as you all said she was not thinking rationally. In her mind this was the best way out.
I have to admit I do feel anger towards my cousins because they marginalized her so much in their lives that she felt her presence was irrelevant. She was on the outside looking in on her children's lives and I am sure that hurt. They may not have done it intentionally and certainly did not know how far she would go, but their actions made her feel small and alone. We are only learning the extent of it all now from other family members.
I do want to say a few words in memory of my aunt.
She was such a loving, caring and generous person. She was willing to be the caregiver of my grandma, shouldering all the responsibility herself and not feeling resentful towards her siblings who were unable to physically help out. She did not have a happy marriage but she took good care of her husband for several years when his health was declining and until his death three years ago. She was always fun loving and loud and could take over any party or occasion, and always ready for a laugh. She was the toughest person I know- with a strong opinion, strong personality and determination.
I loved my aunt.
She did not deserve to leave this world in this terrible way, by her own hand.
But I have to accept that it was her choice.
I will no longer think about how she died. I don't think my mind will ever be able to wrap itself around that fact. Instead when I feel sad, I shall focus on how she lived, and the happy times and memories I have of her.
I'm glad your visit to the church brought both you and your mom some calm. I like the tribute you gave, talking about your aunt's wonderful qualities and how she gave so much to others. She sounds like a special woman. Sending care.
ReplyDeleteI too am glad that you and your mom found some peace. I think your aunt would rather you think about how she lived rather than how she died. It's one of the things I hope that someday when I have died, I'd much rather people remember the person I was and how I lived. I can only hope that people can say about me some of the things you said about your aunt.
ReplyDeleteVery touching post & very glad you & your mom were able to find some peace.
ReplyDeleteGlad to know that you are finding some peace.
ReplyDeleteI think that you're taking the best approach - to remember the good she embodied. She sounds like an amazing woman.
ReplyDeleteI think remembering her as she was in life is the best way you can honour your aunt.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. I have a friend who took his life a few weeks ago and I was very angry at first, until his best friend told me "you have to remember the way he lived." So true. I'm glad you are finding comfort in remembering the person she was.
ReplyDelete免費同城聊天室
ReplyDelete午夜視頻聊天室真人秀場
國外免費色情直播網站
色情視頻直播間
色yy視頻直播間頻道
日本免費色情直播網站
兔費色情視頻直播間
韓國美女視頻直播間
成人視訊聊天室網
視頻直播聊天室成人