Monday, April 2, 2012

In a good place...

First off....thank you ladies for the uplifting comments the other day.  I was at a bit discouraged and in need for some hope and a reality check, so your encouragement really helped.

Today I went for a walk to the grocery store to pick up some provisions for meals this week, and while I was walking back I was overcome with a wonderful feeling of happiness.

Just a good feeling about how my life is today and a sense that if this is how my life will be without children, I would be okay.

I had a wonderful weekend which perhaps had a lot to do with it. After my blog post I went for a pedicure which I really enjoyed. My heels are are smooth as a baby's butt :-)

Yesterday I had a massage, which I followed by a solitary lunch at my favorite sushi place. Figured I may as well indulge my senses totally.

The restaurant was empty since they had just opened for lunch, and even though I was at a table, the sushi chef across from the bar area picked up a conversation and was super chatty. A bit annoying, but well meaning. I then went and spent some time in Tar.get just browsing which I almost never do since I am always in a rush.

So, overall it was a super relaxed weekend and I finally put up my Quebec City pictures on the hallway wall - phew!

Today I started my re-fi so hopfully it will go smoothly. And the paperwork from the other loan actually came through finally. I sent a "thank you" email to the lady at the bank who was first unhelpful, but later became helpful

So all this stuff combined made it a pretty good couple of days. The increased Estrace dosage is helping with the mood upswing, I am sure.

In addition, on the social front I have lots of activities planned this month.  April is the birthday month for all the guys in my immediate family so we will have lots of celebrations.

Also, our local theatre is having another Broadway show beginning next week.  I called my "new" friend (the one I went out with last time) and we are planning to go for the show mid month, a few days after my transfer.  That will be followed closely on its heels by Les Mis at the end of the month.

So, I will have lots to keep me happy and busy for the next several weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I think I like the pre-transfer Estrace state too. I always seem at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good weekend! Les Mis! Ah! My absolute favorite show! I have the soundtrack and don't really know how many times I've been, but it's been quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend and a good state of mind to be in. Kudos to you for taking care of yourself!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always good to keep yourself busy. If we think about what we need to undergo in order to get pregnant it can get really depressing quickly. I wish you all the best this cycle.

    ReplyDelete