Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sad News

Sad news this morning that my aunt, mother's younger sister, passed way overseas. Sadder news is that she committed suicide.

Needless to say, we are all shocked, heartbroken and cannot wrap our minds around it. It all seems unreal.

She was situationally depressed but seemed to be better and coming around. She spoke with my mother just 4 days ago and seemed much perkier and said herself she was doing good.  She just became a grandma for the first time 2 weeks ago and was looking forward to things with the baby.

Nobody knows what happened, maybe she was lonely with her siblings far away and her kids busy with their lives, we don't know. But eerily someone random friend of my cousins, a young woman did exactly the same thing, same way, about three weeks ago. Maybe that gave her the idea?

My Mom is devastated since she lost her mother 4 years ago. She and her sister talked every week and were close.  My Mom is coming over to spend the night so we can talk and reminisce. My Dad is not too communicative being a  man, and my sister is too busy to do much although she has been visiting my Mom throughout the day.

Just so so horribly sad....its been a really bad day :-(

13 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry for your loss. How sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a horrible thing to have happen to your family. Suicide is so confusing for everyone who knew the person, as it always leaves so many questions. It'll be nice to hang out and support your mum tonight. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. This is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, sweetie. Suicide is awful for the survivors. Many feel helpless and angry at the dead person, but they can not express that anger. I hope you, your sister, and your mom will be able to make peace with it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry, what terrible, shocking news! I hope you and your family find some comfort in one another. My sincere condolences...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad to hear the news of your aunt's death and I'm so sorry for you, your mom, and your family. Sending lots of care and support at this painful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry to hear to this. Your family is my thoughts and prayers.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss. Depression just sometimes sneaks up on people and takes over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My condolences, Sunflower. I hope you and your Mom can share a cup of tea and some comfort together.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry & my thoughts are with you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just reading this Sunflower, I am so so sorry. This is so hard. I'm so sorry for you, your mom and your family. You are in my prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete