Sunday, April 29, 2012

Embracing life

Many of you commented on my positive attitude on this latest saga in my 4+ years of TTC journey. You know at the end of the day, we can either be miserable all the time or choose to have our moments of sadness/anger/tears and then shake it off and move on. I choose the latter since it works best for me.

I also do not like dwelling on the past. The past is the past for a reason - its done and over with and cannot be changed. So its counter productive to my present and future. But that is how I personally deal with things and we are all different in that arena.

So, I will plod along and hope something good happens.  I am very fast approaching my own 2012 deadline which is when I plan to call it quits, so not much longer on this journey. Enough about that. 

I had a marvelous day yesterday -- see update to my post.

At dinner last night with my parents, I suggested a weekend getaway to the Coast. My Dad had a milestone birthday this year and we had originally planned a nice drive up to a nearby vineyard and booked lunch at a resort for his birthday, but we got the news of my aunt just a couple of days earlier, so none of us were in a mood to celebrate that weekend.  This trip will be a nice mini-break and a belated celebration for my Dad.

Today I have a massage scheduled and then I may go out to eat on my own. A trip to the garden store may be done as well since I want to finish the remainder of my summer planting these next few weekends.  

My breasts are still quite sore which is weird, one would think they would start abating soon. At least I don't have to worry about getting my period on Crinone next cycle, obviously the Prog level is still high.

TMI -- The crinone tends to leave a ton of build up inside. I was getting a lot of irritation yesterday and though I was coming down with a yeast infection. But it was tons of build up, so I had a pretty nasty clean up job to do last night.  Next time I need to clean as I go - yuck!  I will ask my RE if I can use Endometrin since it does not leave this awful gunk. Why on earth would you make a product like that????  I think though that with DE they pefer Crinone.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. After six long years on this ride, I too have decided recently to move past the sadness and grief and to move forward and try to enjoy life. I was sick of feeling sad and hopeless all the time and you know what...for the most part it has worked. I'm not saying that I don't have down days - I do but I'm in a much better place than I have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think that I am ok with it all, but I guess we'll see depending on how things go with the grand finale in June. I'm trying to remember that I am blessed either way and trying to remember even now the great things I can do with my life if this does not work. But theory and reality are two different things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing a guy designed it. He didn't have to try it out to see just how yucky it really is.

    ReplyDelete