Saturday, March 31, 2012

Never-ending

This feels like a never-ending protocol.

Good grief, I have been at it since Mar 14 and I am not even half way yet. How is it that when others do it they reach transfer so quickly?

Time is passing slower that molasses going up a hill.  I read that on a blog and thought its was such a great expression. 

In other news, the Lupron did not give me too much trouble other than slight headaches when I first started out.   Then earlier this week, after being on it for16 days straight, I started getting muscle/joint pain. I googled (of course!) and it is a side effect and can be caused by low estrogen.  So, I am hoping that adding back the Estrace will help me somewhat because aching muscles/joints was not fun. Otherwise I did not get any hot flashes or night sweats which I was expecting. 
  
I have to say that my confidence level for this cycle to succeed is quite low.   Two lovely ladies whose blogs I follow both had unsuccessful DE cycles recently.  My heart goes out to them since they so deserve to get BFPs.  It also makes me realize that this is so NOT a sure thing and its making me very skeptical of what will come out of all this.

I went for yoga today which felt great. It was my favorite instructor so I really enjoyed my class. I may get a pedicure later before I go out to dinner tonight :-)

9 comments:

  1. Oh that bites having the muscle and joint pain. Never had a pedicure since my feet are so ticklish. Have a fun time when you go out. I hope that the DE works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right here with you (or slightly behind you). I pulled my generic calendar out: it looks like I will be on Lupron for 29 or 30 days. Apparently my clinic normally transfers on day 46 on the plan. So it is a marathon, not a sprint.

    I'm also heartbroken for our friends and don't know what to say. I am trying to stay very positive for my cycle (not that I think our mood has much to do with it- it's just freaking luck.) because it is the Grand Finale. If I can't enter it as positively as I can, why should I spend the money and give myself the shots?

    So try to be optimistic and hope that luck decides to sprinkle baby dust on you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my first comment got eaten... Just wanted to say I'm sorry time is creeeeping by and I'm glad Lupron is not too horrible. Have fun with pedicure/movie! I have everything crossed for you for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time crawls when TTC as it is but with a long protocol? It sounds like molasses going up a hill is a good analogy!

    The good news is, your confidence level has nothing at all to do with the chance of success. Sending you lots of calm and yet speedy thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to see others being unsuccessful too, it causes doubts, creates uncertainties and of course it's hard to witness... I hate it, but the good news is that it doesn't have to happen to you, there are dozens that have been successful and I'm praying that you will join them soon.

    Lupron is the worst, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts about the DE is that it has to work for someone otherwise the stats wouldn't be so frigging high.

    The fresh cycles always take longer and it really is long an boring when it isn't your eggs they're taking.

    It doesn't get exciting for me until a couple days before the transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great expression - molasses up a hill - very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how time grinds to a halt right when you want it to move quickly. Really, really hoping this works for you - yes, people have had unsuccessful cycles, but so many have succeeded as well. Enjoy exercise while you can, and hope the time passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete