Friday, August 31, 2012

Ultrasound #2 (w/pics)

I went for my second ultrasound today.

All is well.

Baby is measuring on target at 8w2d, heart rate of 163b/m and CRL is 1.87cm. Its almost doubled in size since 10 days ago.

I knew the U/S tech so she took her time explaining things to me. I got to hear the heartbeat again and then got to see 3-D pictures of the "gummy bear" as she called it.

I could actually see the arm buds and leg buds and spine and head and the umbilical cord. I have no idea what she did but it was so awesome. I came away with about 8 pictures.

First picture is a measurement. Second picture below shows the umblical cord, and last picture you can see the the two arm buds and the right leg. The left leg is obscured by the yolk sac.








I then saw the RE who did my transfer. She is young and new to the practice and was so happy for me. She hugged me and said its not always they get to see the other RE's patients from whom they have done transfers, so she was excited to give me the good news. She asked me back for a 10 week ultrasound.

Later my RE's nurse called with my E2 and P4 levels which are now higher since the placenta has taken over the hormone secretion and the progesterone is now measurable in my blood.

So...the big news is...

(1) I can dial down my meds now.  The Estrace will be 4 tablets (down from six) for a week and the  down to only 1 tablet for the next week and stop.  The Crinone is down to only one suppository a day starting today for one week and stop.  Yay!

AND

(2)  I am graduated!!!  My own RE does not need me to come in any longer, so no more trekking 55 miles one way to the clinic, I can just go 6 miles to the OB/GYN's office.

I am really happy and thrilled. I forgot all the awful puking from this morning the moment I saw my little gummy on the monitor.

Funny story, when I was checking out the elderly lady asked me how I was feeling and I said "um the usual nausea etc but its all worth it". So, she laughed and said "you paid us a lot of money to make you feel sick". 

So true :-)

10 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Great news all around, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Post the pic when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what great news. I'm so happy everything is going well! Such a cute little bean you have there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool 3-D pic. I had to wait until much later for those. So glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! So happy and your little gummy bear is perfect! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything is going to well & happy graduation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you are graduating to the OB! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so late commenting - been a very hectic weekend for me. GREAT second ultrasound and love the pics!

    ReplyDelete