Monday, August 27, 2012

Productivity amidst unproductivity

While I expected the "usual suspects" of early pregnancy symptoms what I was not prepared for was how utterly tired, lazy and unproductive I would be.

I did nothing this weekend.

I just lazed around in bed and watched things on NetFlix and did not feel like going anywhere or doing anything else. The whole bed thing is insane since I am one who cannot sit on the bed normally other than right before sleeping.  When I wake up I get out of bed and go relax on the couch if its a weekend. But now a days I am on the bed all day long if I can be.

I did do some work - vacuumed and dusted the downstairs space on Sat and ran laundry and did some grocery shopping on Sunday and watered the plants, but I had to force myself to get it done and its not a patch on what I normally do on weekends.

Yesterday as I was lounging around and feeling guilty for doing nothing,  I decided I need to stop feeling guilty about being unproductive and embrace this as my new normal now. I was telling my colleague last week and she told me I was being very productive in that I was growing a bean.

It made me laugh and put it all in perspective. 

In fact here is an interesting tidbit:
During the eight week, the human embryo has grown from a single cell into the nearly 1 billion cells which form over 4,000 distinct anatomic structures. The embryo now possesses more than 90% of the structures found in adults.

Wow, no wonder I am wiped!

So, in reality, I am being very productive amidst all the unproductively. I need to keep reminding myself of that!

I have also not had any inclination to cook either since it seems like a lot of effort and then to manage the clean up - ugh.  I am not eating as healthy as I would like. Not fast food or bad stuff, but things like cereal, toast, low fat frozen meals that have no real nutritional value.  But right now its the question of eating something, as opposed to nothing so beggars cannot be choosers. I am trying to eat fruit to get some fiber and goodness and of course taking my pre-natals. I cannot do the 2 hrs after meals anymore so I take them about 45 min after eating.  My RE said the key is to keep them down.

On the nausea front, the seabands seem to help, or maybe its in my head.  Yesterday after a light dinner of organic noodle soup (sigh) I felt great and I thought "wow, no more nausea". Well until I stood up :-)  But overall other than a few incidents, I have been able to keep food down which is good.  My breasts are really very sore now and my sense of smell is getting slightly increased.

I ordered my Estrace today all 180 tablets. And will refill the Crinone after the U/S on Friday.

I moved my Friday appt from my Dr's satellite office which is 75 miles away to the main practice which is 50 miles away. It is just too much to go all the way to his office, plus I saw him last time and he answered my questions. He will review the test results anyways.

I will be seeing another RE - actually the lady who did my transfer so it will be nice seeing her again.

I miss posting daily but I don't have a lot to report. I still have not taken my 7 week belly pick, guess I will do an 8 week one now. There is no change really, but I should record it.

See, told you I have become very lazy :-)

Four more sleeps until next ultrasound - yay!!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah to four more sleeps. I get wiped out easily, too. But we are growing beans so it's like we are working out constantly! Now if only I could skip the insomnia from 2-4 am ...

    I should take a belly photo. I think I am starting to show a little. Not the bean, but everything else growing and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm VERY lazy too - every time I feel bad about it and look at all the weeds growing in my yard, I just remind myself how hard it was to get here - the weeds can wait. Very exciting that ultrasound #2 is this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gestating is hard work! No guilt allowed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know, I did absolutely NOTHING for the first trimester. It was a struggle to make myself do one thing a day. I got kind of frustrated with myself, but then once the second trimester hit I had a burst of energy and was incredibly productive (still am, if it doesn't involve too much walking around). I didn't even realize that it was the pregnancy making me lazy until I hit the second trimester - I just thought I was being lame. So don't blame yourself like I did - your body is working overtime and wants to you slooow down.

    ReplyDelete