This entire journey of course, but I am specifically referring to ordering meds.
I have been doing medicated cycles for a year now and not once have I had a drama free med re-ordering. Evelyn, bet you are nodding your head!
Today I called my specialty pharmacy to reorder Crinone and Estrace since I will run out by the weekend, only to be told I need a new prescription.
Uh ...why? It says 10 refills on the bottle.
Well, apparently the prescription itself is only valid for 3 months regardless of how many refills it has/has not.
That is really dumb in my opinion.
I called my RE's office and requested the nurse call it in asap. So, she does.
I call the pharmacy an hour later and they don't have any record of her fax! They say to call back in 2 hours again.
Luckily both these are not really specialty drugs, so as a back up I checked that my local pharmacy carries the generic Estrace on site and the distributor has the Crinone, so I can get them next day if needed. That makes me feel better!
I call back in 2 hours they still have no sign of the fax and tell me it could take 24-48 hrs to come through. Now this is their infertility line, mind you, where you would think they would know how important timing is on all of these drugs.
So, I called my RE's office again because they conveniently stop taking calls at 3pm. Luckily the nurse picks up and I tell her to NOT fax -- CALL them - which is what I had emailed her earlier in the morning!
Thirty minutes later she emails me that she spoke to someone (gave me his name) and he said to call back at 4:30 to set up the order.
Of course the shipment time is 1pm so I already missed that deadline for today, but hopefully can get it overnight tomorrow for arrival on Thursday.
In hindsight, I wish I had called yesterday or last week but I wanted to make sure the second beta was okay before I did anything. I have enough Estrace through Friday morning and Crinone through Monday so I am okay for now, but still really annoying to have to deal with this every single time!
Oh and then the nurse was planning to order 30 tablets, which is less than 5 days worth at my current dosage! I ask her why so she says "we will be reducing your dosage starting next week so you will not need as much". I told her nicely that I don't care how much extra Crinone and Estrace I have laying around I much rather get more than less, and not have to go another drama again in a week.
The fact that I could go so long with the meds is because I was running out last cycle and had ordered a whole extra cycle worth and therefore have had a good 2 weeks buffer. Normally they order only enough until beta day which is silly because what if you are pregnant and need to continue, they should give at least a one week buffer.
Anyway, at 4:30pm I called back and the prescription was showing up and it will be shipped out tomorrow for arrival on Thursday. Phew!
As a result of all this drama, I have accomplished nothing work-wise today. Just been going back and forth with this issue since 10am.
My weekend, however, was nice and relaxed. I did some cleaning and vacuuming since I was holding off after transfer, but slowly and not pushing myself much. I did go for walks and have been doing my own yoga practice at home.
On Sunday I went to JC Pe.nney since I had a gift certificate to use.
I bought two tops (non maternity of course!) for my work trips in Sept and a satin negligee on sale for $10!
AND.....
A turle charm necklace!!
Thanks, Kanis, for the suggestion. The whole deux turtle story is just too cute and crazy and needs something to commemorate it regardless of outcome.
I am having a really difficult time taking a good photograph of it, but believe me when I say its super cute. I wore it yesterday to beta.
Symptom wise - none to report other than off/on sore breasts and tiredness. Each day is very different and I am trying my hardest not to obsess as to why my boobs were sorer yesterday than today, or why I am no longer tired. Yesterday and today, I seem to have a lot of energy and feel really normal....very odd!
I just keep reminding myself it is so out of my hands....so its pointless even wondering about it. Yesterday at one point I turned in my chair quickly and had a sharp pain on my left lower abdomen and my first though was "darn, I just dislodged the embryo for sure".. ....the madness!
I made a huge pot of soup this evening for my lunches during the week. I have been eating all sort of assorted things for lunch the past few days. I will make some fish for dinner tonight.
My Dad gave me a bit of a lecture on healthy eating yesterday. I eat a lot healthier than most people, but I guess my Popeye's lunch on Sunday was the reason for his fatherly "advice". Even I knew when eating it that it was the last of Popeye's for a very long time. In my defense I have not had fried chicken in about two months.
So, its back to cooking at home for me, and I am trying to buy as much organic as I can afford.
I'm glad that you got the medicine straightened out. Oh a turtle charm? Must see picture soon, please?
ReplyDeletePharmacy problems. It's not the exception. I'm glad you got if straightened out. That is crazy that they only prescribe enough until beta. I think my clinic prescribes enough for the first trimester and I'm sure I've picked up prescriptions that were more than 3 months old. Craziness.
ReplyDeleteIt became routine for me to have meltdowns in the Pharmacy. There was always something that wasn't right. I often wondered if when they saw me walk in they thought, "oh here's that crazy lady that's going to start crying if her order isn't just right."
ReplyDeleteUggg...you are so right. Nothing ever seems to be easy with this. I have had more than one emotional breakdown at a pharmacy, lab, doctor's office etc through all of this. I spent my entire day today tracking stuff down...glad you finally got it figure out!
ReplyDeleteBetween you and Evelyn, I'm wondering if anything EVER goes smoothly when it comes to filling fertility med prescriptions. :S
ReplyDelete