Today I came across two roaches downstairs.
Its common to find a few full grown ones indoors in late summer particularly if its been hot and dry as it had the past few months. Usually they are dead or dying. These two guys were very much alive and well.
I hate roaches and am terrified of them. But being a single gal has forced me to become brave about it.
This afternoon I saw one in broad daylight on my counter - eewww. I sprayed it with bug spray when it ran to the floor and it died. I think they are coming from the crawl space below the house through the vents.
I had the sense to cover my mouth and nose so I did not inhale the fumes and opened the windows and turned on the exhaust to get rid of the smell and came away.
Then about an hour ago I saw another one downstairs and sprayed it too, being careful to not breathe it in. But its night and I cannot open any windows.
Of course, now I am reading all sorts of scary warnings on insecticide use during pregnancy :-(
Common sense tells me that using it twice today is not a big deal and I should just not use it going forward and revert to chasing them with shoe in hand - ugh!
But still makes me nervous a bit.
I have no idea what is going on and why they are invading my home. I have a pest control company come every quarter and they have do outdoor perimeter spraying. If I were to report this they would come out and may want to spray indoors which I certainly do not want.
Guess I am stuck between a rock and a hard place :-(
If you feel the need, you should be able to find companies that use more green products that don't have the toxic fumes. So sorry you have to be dealing with them.
ReplyDeleteI second what Jen said.
ReplyDeleteI doubt you did any harm whatsoever with your very minimal exposure thus far, but would probably be prudent to avoid in the future if you can.
They would gross me out too, sorry you're having to deal with this!
Yuck! I'm sorry that you're being invaded. :-(
ReplyDeleteEwwww. I'm pretty good about most insects, but I don't think I could handle roaches. Thank god we don't have them here.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can find a safe solution to getting rid of the nasty little pests.
Hoping you can get rid of the pests.
ReplyDeleteNot nice to have to deal with. I would say call the company and tell them you're pregnant. They should be able to recommend something.
ReplyDelete