This has been a long and memorable week, however, I am so glad its Friday. Thanks for all your comments yesterday.
For a change I have no plans this weekend - none!
I am going to relax, laze around and let my mood and energy dictate what I do. I rarely have unplanned weekends so I am looking forward to it.
Tomorrow I wanted to go for my usual Sat yoga class. I had skipped last weekend during my TWW and I don't like skipping class since I enjoy it so much. It is a 90 minutes intense yoga workout which leaves one with quavering legs since they have you hold poses for so long. I was planning on taking it really slow tomorrow and not doing any deep twists for obvious reasons. But my Mom was worried when I told her and has practically forbidden me from going yet (so sweet!). So, I will skip it tomorrow and do a simple practice at home to stretch my quads and hamstrings and arms.
Next week when things are a bit more confirmed, I will decide what to do. Normally if a person is active before pregnancy they encourage you to keep up the activity level. Regardless when I go back I will tell my yoga instructor so she can give me modifications and tell me what asanas I need to avoid.
I have however been going for walks throughout my TWW. I substituted my normal walk which includes a steep climb back to the house, for a more levelled surface walk around a few neighbourhoods. However, the past couple of evenings we had poor air quality warnings and its been 90% humidity so I have skipped. I really feel a I need a good workout, so I may go to the gym and get on the treadmill instead.
Early morning today, I walked to the close by shopping area and did vacuuming so that made me feel better.
I had asked the nurse on Thursday if I could resume normal activity. She said yes...then asked me what I meant by normal activity...so I told her walking, yoga, lifting stuff e.g. watering can, vacuuming. She said fine.
I also asked her about caffeine and if I could have decaffeinated black tea. This TWW I was really really good. I did not even have decaf tea which I would think would normally be okay. I had no sugar, except the pancakes on Sat and no chocolate either. I ate a lot of protein and drank lots of water.
So, today I indulged in a cup of decaf tea...and will get back to drinking one cup a day. I know that 200mg of caffeine is allowed but for now I will just be cautious and have the one decaf and see how it all goes.
Another interesting thing - I have had two people approach me with potential job opportunities.
One is my current colleague who is wanting to leave and interviewing with a new company. They have some other positions open and she was wondering if I wanted to apply.
Then today got a call from a past colleague who was wondering if I was looking for a change, since his company was hiring.
What timing, huh!
I declined both.
My female colleague/friend knew that I was cycling and that I got a BFP. She understands that it makes sense for me to stay with my current job. The guy who called today I told him I was not actively looking but that I will reach out to him in a few months.
I have wanted to change jobs for years but held off in the hope that I would get pregnant and my current tele-commuting job is conducive in the event I have a baby. Of course, each passing year with no baby was hard, but right now its not a good time and I doubt I will have the energy to be doing interviews etc. I just want to focus on this pregnancy and if this does not materialize try another round FET.
It will be interesting if my colleague leaves since I will be the only one left out of three. My other colleague in London quit earlier this month. If that happens I will make sure I renegotiate my salary with my boss. I will not do 3 people's job at my current pay!
I have a lot of travel coming up too.
Two back to back trips in mid Sept. and a potential one in end Aug. One of the Sept trips is a trade show where I am to set up and manage a booth, by myself! Nobody has brought up London trip again ...thankfully!
On symptom front - nothing much. Boobs are barely sore. The worrying pains on the left side are gone thankfully. I do get occasional pains here and there in the lower abdomen and which are unlike anything I have felt before and in spots I have never felt before. My belly button is tender and now that I think back it has been since a day or so after transfer. I have an incision there from my robotic myomectomy so I did not pay attention to it, but its definitely tender which I find very weird. I was pretty tired in the afternoon but now feel super energetic.
The adventure continues.....
It's hard staying at a job when you're in limbo like that but it's awesome to hear that people are approaching you about other work.
ReplyDeleteYou've got a lot going on right now. Wow! It is always nice to feel like we are wanted and appreciated. By the way, I agree with mom about going a little easy for a bit.
ReplyDeleteJust getting caught up on everyone's blogs and wanted to pop by and say how extremely thrilled I am for you Sunflower!! I was so excited to see your BFP and hope you get a nice strong second beta Monday!
ReplyDeleteMust be nice to be head hunted. :). You must be really good at what you do.
ReplyDeleteRegarding pregnancy and exercise, I read that it's good to continue but at a lower level. I have a friend who is incredibly athletic. She continued running etc... But she reduced her speed and intensity. It's just best to avoid starting a new regime while pregnant. :)
Crazy about the job opportunities! Interesting it happens now, when you want to keep your current job for flexibility, but maybe that one will work out down the road. Glad the lefts side pains are gone. Enjoy your unplanned weekend! Still buzzing with happiness for you. :)
ReplyDelete