Friday, August 24, 2012

Logistics, Logistics

Today I had planned to call my OB/GYN office to make an appointment. I know that my OB is usually very busy but I have been able to get an appt. with her within a couple of weeks so was hopeful.

The scheduling is a bit complicated since I am travelling the week of 10th and 17th Sept, I wanted to meet with her before I left, rather than be RE and OB-less between when I get graduated (hopefully Aug 31) to when I get back the 23rd.

She was completely booked up, so after several calls, voice mails etc, and finally out of sheer desperation I booked with another OB in her practice for the week of the 6th. Something is better than nothing.

My main concern is that there may be some testing required Weeks 10-12 and since I am travelling week 10 and 11, I need to make sure I have things set up for Week 12 or if need be skip the Week 11 trip.

Sigh, its times like this I dislike my job!

Anyways, by about 11am that got settled. I also emailed my RE's nurse letting her know that I now need to order another round of Estrace and had she listened to me 4 weeks ago I could have saved $180. I have no idea when my RE will begin weaning me off Estrace and she keeps telling me next week, next week....so I told her order me 180 tablets and that is that.

So she did.

I will call the insurance company on Monday to schedule delivery and while I am at it get another 4 boxes of Crinone too.

Symptom wise each day is different. Yesterday I threw up twice (AM/PM) but felt energetic, today I am exhausted.  I did get a spate of energy around 2pm and went and bought myself Seabands which are supposed to help with nausea.  Figured no harm trying them.

I think I will skip the exercise this evening since I don't feel like it.

I have no plans this weekend (yay), except cleaning and sleeping! 

3 comments:

  1. Hope you can sleep off the nausea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have a bunch of pills you'll probably get weaned of Estrace this week.

    ReplyDelete