Thanks so much, ladies, for the birthday wishes. They were much appreciated.
I had a really nice day on my birthday.
Got calls and emails from friends and family which kept me busy all day. I had wanted to take the day off, but we had a meeting scheduled that I coud not get out of so I decided not to waste a PTO day if I was going to attend a 3 hr meeting in the middle of it.
One of my school friends finally brow-beat me into signing up for Facebook. I have stubbornly held out all these years...but a couple of my friends have been pestering me to join. So, I did...well he signed me up. Truth be told, I doubt I will spend much time on there but they are happy now :-)
In the evening my parents, nephew and I went for dinner to a new pizza/pasta place. It was jam packed being Friday night, plus last weekend before kids go back to school. But we had a short wait and got a table in the patio. It was actually very nice sitting outdoors with the ceiling fans. We ordered pizza (my fav food in the whole world!) which was delicious. Even my Dad who is not much a pizza person enjoyed it.
Later we went back to my parents house and opened gifts. My nephew gave me a nice gift - not sure what its called but its something you can put on your lap and place laptop on it. I have one already given to me by my Dad for Christmas, but it stays up in my bedroom. I really needed one for downstairs when I am on the couch, so it was perfect!
My niece had given me her gift last Sat and it was a couple of nail polishes, some pedicure socks and earrings. She also mailed me a really sweet card, and texted and called on my birthday. She left for University on Wed so was feeling really bad she could not be there.
My sister - I do not get her at all.
Firstly, she did not bother calling/texting all day which annoyed me. She had left for a business trip but really she could have at least texted.
Then when I opened her gift, she had bought me a pencil skirt from Talbots and a top from Anne Taylor - that combined probably cost about $75 bucks. The skirt had a price tag of $99.99 down to $49.99 - she obviously forgot to remove it in the hurry. Then yesterday I get an amazing bouquet of flowers from her - probably another $50 worth! I had received a message on Friday morning about some delivery, but I was so busy with calls and work I did not quite hear it properly and forgot to call back. Then yesterday they called and delivered it.
Anyway, so coming back to my sis...on one side she acts really weird and not supportive or caring, then on the other side she spends really lavishly on me for my birthday and Christmas too she gave me a ton of stuff. I texted her to thank her for the flowers and she said she had left a voicemail, but mistakenly at a wrong number.
So, anyways now I felt bad for not telling her I am pregnant. But depending on beta tomorrow, I will tell her this week.
My parents gave me a check, and a bunch of gifts too :-)
Yesterday I was simply exhausted and pretty much slept all day. Around 5pm I went out with a friend to see a movie and Oli.ve Gar.den for dinner. Got home at 11pm.
The fatigue is definitely hitting me, but it comes in waves. I am very hungry all the time. I need to eat every 1-2 hours, and I am thirsty too and get tired quickly.
I have been exercising everyday this week, dragging myself out for a walk daily. How long or short the walk is depends on how I am feeling at that moment.
Today after breakfast, I went for a 2 mile walk in the woods. I was feeling tired but it was a gorgeous day and once I started walking I felt better and actually walked 2 miles. I got home, ate 1/2 a pear, showered, and went out to lunch. I think the exercise really amped me up, so after lunch I went to the nature preserve and sat by the lake and walked some more along the trails.
Now I am back home and still not sleepy. Maybe I need to switch my walks to the mornings and not late evening.
I saw another turtle, this time it was in the water. So cute! I was wearing my turtle necklace.
Not worrying much about beta tomorrow. It will be what it is. I have no idea what number to expect, so ignorance in this instance is bliss.
Wow you did get a lot of nice gifts. I have to say I'm jealous. I basically got forgotten this year.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were celebrated. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really nice birthday! Pizza, yummm. Very cool you saw another turtle. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete