Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mid Week Update

After yesterday's news, nothing I say today will be particularly exciting :-)

It was a very long day at work, starting with a con call at 8am and ending at 6:30pm!  I ate a cracker upon awakening and had a small serving of cereal before the call.  That kept me going until I was able to shower and make breakfast. I am really enjoying eating eggs which I normally never eat. I should get back to oatmeal tomorrow. I did not have time to cook it this morning.

Had several mind-numbing exhaustive spells during the day and kept munching things like 1/2 apple, some nuts, 1/2 pita with a bit of hummus, etc.

I did miraculously get a second wind around 6:00pm so I dragged myself out for a walk at about 6:30pm and came home and cooked some dinner.

I had a proper quantity of dinner tonight. I feel nice and satisfied, but we shall know soon enough if that was a wise thing to do ;-) 

I am keeping track of how I feel and when. So far it seems that I have more energy at night that during the day :-(   I can easily stay up past midnight, but during the work day I am super tired. I think I need to start sleeping earlier and get into a better routine.

Tomorrow I think I will try a morning walk and see if that energizes me for the day.

It is all part of the new normal that I need to get familiar with.

I booked my tickets to Seattle this evening for mid-Sept. Its back to back following a trip to Wisconsin. The tickets were not too expensive so I figured I should buy them quickly, plus I wanted aisle seats and those sell out really fast on cross-country flights.

I got an aisle on the outgoing flight, but middle coming back - ugh.

Well, if all is progressing well at that stage, the person sitting next to me will just have to deal with my getting up to puke or pee every 5 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Just tell the person you're probably going to need to run to the washroom to puke and hopefully they'll be able to get up fast and maybe they'll switch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, traveling doesn't sound so fun when you put it that way! :) I like Evelyn's idea - maybe they would just switch with you or maybe an aisle seat will open up prior to the flight leaving. "The new normal" - I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about having to travel while pregnant. Hoping you don't have to puke too often that it makes for uncomfortable travel.

    ReplyDelete