One of my goals is to use this 5-day weekend to get some stuff done around the house.
Yesterday I did some light yard work. My flowers in the window boxes had completed their life cycle, were all dried out and needed to be removed badly. Some other spring flowers and herbs needed to be pruned as well, so I spent about 30-45 min getting that done. Now the front looks neat.
Later in the evening, I returned some books at the library. I had ordered these from another library and renewed 3 times and not read them. Oh well!
I also went to the grocery store and bought some provisions, and even had the thought of buying some fish to cook for dinner. Well, that turned out be a terrible idea, since the fish tasted awful so I did not eat a lot and then was hungry and feeling even more awful. Nothing home-made sounds appetizing, so meals are becoming quite a challenge.
Today I went to a nearby city with my parents to look at a dining room set my Mom wanted to purchase. She had seen it some time back and wanted to buy it but my Dad kept putting it off. She wanted a second opinion on it. While there, we walked through the kids section just for yucks and grins...it was mainly teenage and older children things so nothing that was remotely of interest.
Later, I may drag myself for a walk to the local shopping area and get a few things from Tar.get. I don't make lists so I invariably forget things when I go to the store.
Hopefully the next two days I will be able to clean the fridge, organize the cupboard below my bathroom sink, get bills paid, junk mail shredded and have time to organize my clothes and try out the pants I plan to take on my trip. I have lost some weight again I think, so I should be okay with my current clothes.
I am loving the one-a-day cronone. The smell of that stuff was really beginning to bother me and it was getting tedious to clean it out.
Only four more days left.
Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Your productivity is extremely impressive! Sorry about the fish! Are you craving restaurant food then - like takeout Chinese or pizza? Maybe some Trader Joe's stuff or healthy takeout like Chipotle or Vietnamese/Thai might be a compromise you could have sometimes? Hope you enjoy the rest of your time off!
ReplyDeleteYou're making me exhausted just reading this :-) I have next to no energy and definitely have not feeling nearly as productive as you - good for you!
ReplyDeleteWow you really are keeping busy. Good for you!
ReplyDelete