Thursday, August 30, 2012

Plan of attack and PTO

Well... the good news is that I have a 5-day weekend starting today!

Yay! 

Monday is Labor day and I took tomorrow and Tue off as well. I am maxed out on my vacation time so if I don't dial it down I don't accrue anymore and we don't want that.

In the meantime I have five glorious days to sleep and do nothing, except plan my outfits for my upcoming business trips.

On the roach front, I called the pest company yesterday and spoke with them. The receptionist did not know much but I am due for my quarterly service which may be why these pests are showing up. I have scheduled a visit on 6th and will chat with the service guy when he comes and see what options he has. 

About 2 years ago they stopped doing indoor treatments and now only do outdoor perimeter treatment.  I am sure that of I turn off my downstairs AC and keep the windows closed for 1-2 hrs until the stuff dries outside I will be fine. If he has some non toxic stuff I may have him do the crawl space as well.

I also called my lawn service company to ask what they put out on the lawns. The technician told me its fertilizer of nitrogen, phosphorous and something else which is stuff found in soil normally. They do some herbicide treatments for weeds and the next one will be in the Fall.  Again they just need the liquid herbicide to dry after which its safe for pets and kids to play in.  So, I will let that continue.

Symptom wise, nausea alternating with extreme hunger still continue. I have to eat every 1-2 hours even if its 1/2 an apple or something. I am not much of an eater, so its weird for me to be munching ALL day long. I had lost 2 lbs but now am back to my starting weight. I am able to keep food down and only really having incidents every 1-2 days so while the all day feeling of nausea with some dry heaving is no fun, overall its not debilitating. I am still not cooking and have been eating dinner at my parents most days.

I have been dragging myself for a walk in the evening most days which actually does help both with digestion, fatigue and general well-being.

Oh and when I went outside to throw my garbage at around 10pm tonight, what do I see scurrying along the driveway making a beeline for the door. A roach.  Needless to say its been squished!

I need that perimeter treatment asap!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm off Monday but envy you the extra day. I hope you get the bug problem settled soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your extra-long weekend! I hope the roaches don't harass you too much (vile things!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that the treatment works well and quickly!

    ReplyDelete