Thursday, August 23, 2012

A realization

I just realized this morning that it is Aug 23rd today.

Four weeks ago, on July 23 a pretty little 5-day blast was put inside my womb. I spent some time this morning reading my blog from that day and reliving that afternoon a bit.



I remember feeling very positive as I left the clinic. I felt that I finally had a decent shot at this working.

Of course by end of day I was nervously googling pictures for blasts to see how mine compared and got worried that it did not have the "cavity" that most pictures had.  Also, the RE on call (new to the practice) had struggled to get the catheter in so I was worried about that.

Oh...the insanity.

After all that slight craziness that evening, I did however make myself a promise.

If I got pregnant, I would enjoy each and every day and make the conscious effort to not allow negative thoughts or worries get in the way.

Could things potentially go wrong?  Yes.

But will they go wrong?  Not necessarily.

The 7 billion worldwide population proves that the majority of pregnancies do occur just fine.  So, I will plod along holding on to that one single belief in this sea of uncertainty.

I think it would be infintely worse if I am so worried about the "what if's" that I miss out on the here and now!

7 comments:

  1. You've made me cry. Take it from someone who worried her entire pregnancy way, yours is a much better perspective to have. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me of this: Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude, we should all take a page from your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely perspective! So glad its been a week of good news :)

    ReplyDelete