Last night was tough.
I was stressed all evening and annoyed at having to drive the 2 hs to the RE's office to drop the paperwork. Then we had a horrible thunderstorm storm that lasted the entire night and made it impossible to sleep. So, I finally got to sleep at 4:30ish only to be up a few hours later so I had time to get ready and leave for the RE's office.
I get a text from my Dad to say that he had cancelled his back treatment to make himself available to accompany me on my drive. My Mom had asked him to - my parents are so wonderful!
Around 7:45am my blackberry rings and its the DE coordinator to tell me that they had got the mail and I did not need to come in. What a relief!!! I was tired after the restless night and was not looking forward to going up there, plus had a full work day ahead.
She also said that my #1 choice was taken, but my #2 was available. Last evening my Mom had come over to see my garden and while she was here I had her look over the donors just to get second opinion. She liked both #1 and #2, but was drawn to #2 because her childhood picture looked a lot like me as a kid.
So when this morning I learned that #1 was not available, I was okay going with #2.
She is an inch shorter than #1 and some other minor things which is why she was my second choice, but in terms of interest she seems more similar to me that #1 who was more sporty (which I am definitely not).
Frankly, all of this is just really nonsense at the end of the day since the goal is to have a healthy baby....but one cannot help but get caught up in silly things just to be able to make choices.
So, that is it. I got full access to the site in the morning, sent in my selection and now am waiting to be contacted to confirm everything.
I am mentally and physically exhausted today after yesterday's drama, so I am going to put away my laptop shortly and curl up and watch a movie and just leave my brain blank for a bit.
Its amazing how exhausting this journey is....
Tomorrow I will figure out the finances, so I am ready to make the deposit when the time comes which should be next week.
Oh and that business trip in end Apr to CA, I looked at the dates -- its over a weekend, and the weekend where I have tickets to see Les Mis!!! Needless to say I am not planning on going on the trip if it does get confirmed. They were trying to coincide it with an industry event and I don't think my boss has realized its a weekend. I am sure he will change it once he knows....nobody is going to want to do it on a weekend.
Hurray! I am so glad that you didn't have to go into your RE's office, what a drag that would have been. And #2 sounds wonderful! I can't believe how soon you got through this process, you're going to be cycling before you know it and I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome to be another step closer. I'm glad that you did not have to drive either. I am glad that your parents are so supportive.
ReplyDeleteYou're making progress. I get the sense that you're like me in that you'd rather just do things on your own. This makes infertility that little bit harder because we have to depend on so many other people. Good to be on the road though.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the craziness and sleep deprivation. But a big congrats on the paperwork being done and on fabulous Donor #2!
ReplyDeleteUgh...as if all this IF stuff isn't stressful as it is but a 2 hour drive? Nutso! Good to hear that you didn't have to venture out there.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that things have finally gotten sorted out regarding your donor.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds as if #2 was meant to be, even if she wasn't your first choice. :)
Its about time they get your paperwork. So glad that you were able to get one of the donors locked in. I wish you all the best.
ReplyDelete