Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rolling along...somewhat merrily...

I ordered the meds today for shipment so I should recieve them all tomorrow, including the Doxy and Medrol. As I said, its better to have them on hand than worry.

I also finally heard back from the lady from the business office so the massive chunk of money shall be paid on Friday.  I have convinced myself that since a large portion will be offset by my tax refund (thank god!) that this DE cycle is not costing me much at all. 

I know! I know! That is not financially sound reasoning.....but I want to live in that state of foolish oblivion, please indulge me :-) 

Day 2 of virtual tradeshow today with zero interest in the booth.  It was not just our booth though, nobody got traffic. I think its too new-age for people to get into it.  I spent the morning hearing speakers in the EU talk about healthcare - it was very intersting.

I took a break and went for a walk, and then ended up working until 8pm.  I did make some nice chicken soup during a break around 5pm, so now I have stuff to eat the next couple of days since I have not gone to the store in a week. There are advantages to keeping a stocked freezer!

Now I need to get to bed in the next couple of hours, since it yet another early wake up call tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with my most recent cycle. Kept reminding myself that our tax refund would offset the costs so it wasn't as bad as it actually seemed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Optimistic thinking of all kinds is a favorite of mine. I wish that I were closer so that I could check out that chicken soup. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience the only time a DE cycle costs too much is when you're paying for it and when you're paying for the second because the first didn't work.

    In 10 years what you paid will just be a number and you'll probably be a mom so it won't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your rationale makes total sense - you won't miss that extra tax money if you haven't even seen it yet. And besides, there could not be a more worthy cause to put this money towards - why else do we make money except to be able to use it to make our lives meaningfully better? I'm so glad things are progressing, and cannot wait until you finally get to cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don't mind me asking, but since I'm just looking into the whole DE thing how much is it costing where you are? I've seen so many different prices on line and well the clinic I'd use doesn't even list their cost. I have no clue what to save for funds to cover it.

    I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete