Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday's tidings and Turtle luck

I slept really well last night with minimal disturbance due to allergies. And this morning my temp dropped to 97.90, so AF is imminent.

Of course, I spotted first thing in the morning and since then nothing. However, all indications of impending AF are there such as backache etc, so I would say maybe another 24-36 hours.

I emailed the nurse and she said that even if AF arrived, I had to continue taking the Lupron until Tue since they want me on it for a full 14 days. So, I guess the coming of AF is not such an exciting event as I had predicted.

I have scheduled my suppression check for Mon, since they do not do suppression checks on weekends.
Today is Day 9 on Lupron, and I am getting a headache which is a common side effect. Its not too bad although I did take some Tylenol. First I thought this naggind heavy head feeling was allergies, but I am pretty sure its the Lupron.

I have not been able to exercise outdoors this week due to the high pollen counts, and I am sure the sudden lack of activity is not helping either. I hope it rains soon so I can get back outside!

On a completely unrelated topic....

On Tuesday morning, on my way to take my car into the dealership, I saw a turtle on the road just up from my home. It was so cute, with a really long yellow neck. Just standing there looking around.

I stopped my car to see if I could move him off the road. Just then a neighbor from down the street drove up behind me so I flagged her down in case she ran him over.

I was a bit afraid to touch it.....do turtles bite?  Anyways the other lady picked it off the road and his head retracted and she moved him to the woods. 

She is half Asian (I think Japanese) and kept saying its really good luck in her culture. Anyway, I asked her for her business card since she works for a company I have my eye on as a future employer. When she looked in her purse, her wallet was missing....guess the turtle did bring good luck since she found out about her wallet and could go home and pick it up!

Hopefully some of that turtle luck will rub off on me.

Still staying cool, calm and collected.

7 comments:

  1. In Native American cultures, the turtle represents mother earth and fertility. Perhaps your turtle appeared to you at just the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great omen to me...I am so excited for you, it's just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get a handle on the headache. I think mine is still sinus junk and the weird sleep patterns. I've always associated turtles with luck also. I wonder if Jenny is referring to Native American Origin Myths like "Sky Tree" and "Earth on Turtle's Back." I always love doing those two with my junior English classes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping that cute little turtle brings you some good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh go turtle luck go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew about pigs for fertility but not the good luck of the turtle. I really hope this cycle works well.

    ReplyDelete