Sunday, March 18, 2012

Action Packed

Today was Day 5 of Lupron.

My Mom asked me "so how are the shots going?"...and I was like "um...what shots...oh those? Yes, its fine" . 

Most days I forget I am doing a cycle since within 5 min of the shot I forget I even did it......which is why I tick mark it on the calendar so I know I have taken it.

Some of you asked me, how am I so relaxed this cycle?

I guess its because this time around I am doing something different.  I am focusing 80% of attention on my life and only 20% on the cycle.

Last time I was so focused on my cycle that everything came to a grinding halt in my life.  I could not think of anything outside my Dr vists, scans, follicle size, etc.  Of course going up daily for scans took a lot of time and attention away as well.

This time the cycle is a side project and life is taking precedence - taxes, refinancing, home improvement projects, yard work, my Dad may be going in for out-patient surgery later this month and generally living life normally and enjoying it.

Also, I have to admit that since most of the exciting stuff is going to happen outside my body - fertilization, embryo growth etc - it does seem very unreal to me right now.

So, I am keeping myself very busy with other things, and today was a busy day as anticipated.

I was up as a lark, mainly so I could take the Lupron shot at around the same time as during weekdays. By 9am I was out working in the yard.

  • Tilled a flower bed and put in som Mi.racleG.lo soil mixture.
  • Planted several pots - tomato, hot pepper, dill and basil.
  • Moved a black eyed Susan plant to a better location. Last year it was being smothered by another plant. 
  • Put in two new annuals.
  • Laid down more pinestraw.
  • Trimmed the Japanese Maple tree.
  •  Did some weeding, and spraying of insecticide
Then my Dad came over and I lugged my blueberry bush over to my sis's house to place next to one of hers because apparently blueberry needs to have another bush to pollinate. I only found that out after I had purchased one last year. So, hopefully it will get pollinated sitting next to another bush. Once I see berries begin to form, I will lug it back.

After 2+ hours of hard labor I treated myself to Mc.Donalds (bad me!) but I truly deserved it, and fell into a coma like sleep for 2 hrs in the afternoon.

The evening was spent finalizing taxes, and a run to Home Depot to get supplies to do some home improvement projects.

Dinner was Chinese takeout followed by a DVD movie.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

  1. You are just so productive!!!! Any time you want to come to Nashville and help me get organized, feel free. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've packed more into one day than some people manage to do around the house in a month! Getting out in the garden is so relaxing, I totally agree. It's such a good feeling to step back and look over all that you've achieved when you play in the garden:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for being so sane through this cycle. And working on your garden sounds so lovely...I wish I had one to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! I love that you are keeping busy and not obsessing. It's sooo hard to do! I totally admire you for that, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....I feel very lazy after reading about your very productive day! Glad you're doing well with staying focused on non-IF stuff! It's the only way to stay sane through al of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew that about blueberry bushes. I'll have to make note of that particular plant needing a second one around.

    I love m.grow potting soil and their fertilizer.

    Hope your garden and womb provide fruit.

    ReplyDelete