Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shaking things up...

...at the bank that is! 

As planned today I went to the bank with my Dad to check to see whatever happened to my loan paperwork. I asked to meet with the manager and this woman comes over.

She starts by saying "well its the county you know it takes times"....so I interject saying its not the County or Court but that the paperwork has not even reached them after it was mailed almost 10 days ago.  She said that they send it via regular mail - unbelievable - and it takes 10-14 days to reach. Um.. in the same city...I don't think so. 

She was super unhelpful and had no knowledge of how to deal with customers.  Finally, she accepted that she will make an exception and see if they can send another original and UPS it at my cost.

Then she just walked away...and we were left wondering what she was planning to do. I asked the receptionist for the bank managers business card and the VP's name and we left.

I was quite irritated at the whole exchange and her demeanour more than anything else. I decided that I would escalate it to the Manager and/or VP if I did not hear back today.

So, I come home and within an hour the phone rings and its her.

Its like she has had a personality change because suddenly she is super nice.

She tells me that they can UPS it today but it will be $25 each way, so $50 to send the paper and get the court record back. She wanted to see if I wanted to do it. She said she thought I should give it another day or so and not spent the money needlessly.  She said that it was not right that I had to worry about this and be doing all this legwork (is this the same woman?!) and wanted even offered to 3-way call my other loan guy to understand what he needed.  She tried but got his voicemail and said she will call me later.

An hour later she calls to say she spoke with the other bank loan guy and they have resolved it all between them. I was floored and very appreciative of her help.

Then this evening the other loan guy called and said they can proceed with the re-fi with the paperwork they received from her. Phew!!

So hopefully in the next day or so I can get that done!

Dinner tonight:
Ginger and Cilantro Tilapia, brown rice and roasted broccoli. http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-ginger-a-24737    Followed by chocolate cake and organic stawberries - yum!

6 comments:

  1. We're both moving along. I figured out financing today also. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come over for dinner? That sounds/looks amazing!

    I'm very glad you finally got things sorted out with the bank and that you didn't have to spend an extra $50 to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just restored a little of my faith in humanity. It's so nice when people actually act the way they should act!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm glad it all worked out. Sorry that you had to do all the leg work. Lazy SOBs.

    So when do I get some of that cake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what changed her tune? It doesn't even sound like the same woman!

    How was the roasted broccoli? I'm really thinking I need to try roasting some very soon.

    ReplyDelete