Monday, March 12, 2012

Ad Hoc Updates and Musings

Today's post is a hodge podge of things.

I had a great weekend.

I was super productive, even by my standards, to the point that I had my whole upper floor of the house vacuumed, dusted and bathroom scrubbed before I left for yoga at 10am.  After my 1:30hrs yoga class, I headed to the library to drop off some books.

It was a gorgeous morning and I found my way to a park by the lake. Tons of kids and families playing . Seeing all of them really tugged at my heart....I wished I had a child I could take there and play with on a warm Spring afternoon. Maybe someday....

After I came home I spent an hour and a half outside doing yard work - trimming bushes, dragging stuff, feeding fertilizer etc. Needless to say my salad lunch was a let down, but I did treat myself to a brownie :-)

I want to get the bulk of my Spring yardwork done before my potential transfer in md-end Apr so I am not lugging bags of mulch and potting soil all over the place. 

In the evening I finally got my 6 pictures into frames, and I cut out the sizes so I can play with how I want to hang them on the wall.

Sunday I was out all day and came home late afternoon to run some loads of laundry and tidy up. I still have piles of mail to go through....its never ending.

Today was very busy at work, I cannot believe how the day has flown by. I did not even get to exercise.

In order to give myself something, other than my upcoming cycle, to obsess over I am looking into re-financing my home. So, I made some calls to the mortgage consultant and have started getting some information.

Tomorrow I need to open up my meds and take stock of what is where, so I am ready to get started later this week.

I am still super zen about this upcoming cycle.

The one thing I am realizing is that I can still have a happy life without kids if that is what is in the cards for me. That thought is giving me a lot if peace.

That was my outlook when I started down TTC four+ years ago, but then I got caught up in everything and got practically obsessed. I think my aging eggs had a lot to do with the sense of desperation I had and this horrible feeling that my "time was running out".

But for now all negativitey is being put aside. I shall embark on my journey relaxed and hopeful and let the chips fall where they may.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...your productivity level on the weekends is amazing. Wish I wasn't so damned lazy.

    I'm glad you're feeling zen about this cycle - such a healthy mindset. I'm so excited for you, I really hope this works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't for the snow today I'd be outside working on turning up my soil. Sighs, will winter ever end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG You sound like me. Before we seriously started TTC, I was paranoid that my eggs were "rotting" inside me and that we would never get pregnant. I've even said to my RE that I feel like my time is running out. He is more confident than I. I hope for good reason.

    ReplyDelete