Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Tidings

I seem to have a lot to post these days, and this post is long.

This morning started very early with a 6am wake-up call. I needed to be up, dressed and breakfast'd before 8am to support that international virtual trade show booth.  At 7:45am I log in, but UN/PW fails.

Of course!!

So a bit of craziness, but then it got working. I think they only "opened" the floor at exactly 8am.

Well...nobody showed up.  What a disappointment!

It was the first day today and a half day so we hope it will be more exciting tomorrow.   I spent the morning listening to the speakers and Skyp'ing with my colleague in the UK who coincidentally is also going through IVF with his wife.

Since it was fairly quiet morning, I decided to call my insurance co and check in on my meds, because we all know how efficient these folks are!!

I called and sure enough while they had the prescription, they did not have the authorization, so they were just sitting on it since Friday.  I emailed/called my Nurse only to find out she was on PTO today.

I could have waited until tomorrow, but I did not want to. So I called the office and got transferred to a gal who does authorizations. While talking to her the line goes dead.

I try back, busy signal, try again - still busy. I try the main office also busy. The other office, also busy - so I figured phone issues. Great!

I call my RE's office which has a different area code and they cannot help since they don't know what was ordered or have the order number, etc.

So, then I decide to be proactive and call the insurance co. authorization line and speak to someone. She looks at my order and says "Oh none of these meds needs authorization, its Lupron, Estrace etc".  I said "I know!" but your other Dept said I did, so she transfers me, but I have a work call and have to hang up.

Then 30 min later I call back the original line and now it all miraculously shows up and they are ready to ship. So, I will order tomorrow for Thursday delivery. I rather have it sooner rather than later.

In the meantime this morning had I sent an email to my boss telling him that I have a personal commitment that weekend in end Apr when they were planning the meeting. That is the weekend I bought tickets to see a broadway show. Around lunchtime his assistant calls me and says they cancelled the sales meeting.  There is still the tradeshow but my colleague is attending and they don't need so many people there anyways. So, I am happy I am out of it.

And last but not least, I get an email from the clinic business office to say please call them about payment. Its like, um,, shouldn't you be calling me?  So, I left them a VM and sent email to say I could come up on Friday to make the payment.

So, hopefully by Friday I will have my meds in hand and made my payments and I can breathe a sigh of relief...but I am not counting on it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a lot of moving parts! Sometimes it feels like a full-time job just coordinating IVF, not to mention DE IVF.

    Hoping you get all you need by Friday so you can be on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so be screaming by the end of the day. Glad that you'll be getting your meds and I'm sorry that this had to be so difficult. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good googlie! It makes me tired just "listening" to it. I'm glad your insurance is helping. That is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh!!! Why does all this have to be more diffult than it already is :( So sorry.

    ReplyDelete