Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I want one....

...a baby that is!!!

Sigh -- all my zen-ish "what will be, will be" approach went flying out the window this morning.

So here is what happened.

My Mom needed a ride this morning from her work to the Dr's office. So I picked her up and while waiting saw all these parents dropping off their cute youngsters at a nearby daycare.

When I dropped my Mom off around 10:30am, she asked me if I wanted to peek in and see the really small kiddos since the daycare is part of the same school my Mom works in.

I said yes.

Big mistake.

OMG they were so cute, about 5 of them in a nice play pen...some were playing , couple were standing around a bit unsteadily. All were <2 yrs old. So so adorable.

My heart just melted.

This one little Asian kid took an immediate fancy to me and started smiling and hiding behind  something -- so cute!  I could have played with them and stayed there all day.

Now I really really want one.

Okay, deep breath, deep breath....get back to being zen :-)

My DE Nurse emailed me to remind me to start Lupron tomorrow morning. I put a reminder on my phone and Outlook so in my uber--zen state I don't forget.

And my wonderful Mom told me today she is praying really hard that this works for me. Ah...how sweet!

5 comments:

  1. That would make my heart melt. I too want a baby bad. I hope that this DE cycle works for you. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how 'zen' you try to be, you'll always have these up and down moments - we all do. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, heck - if we didn't want babies so bad we'd never put up with all of this pain to get one! Just think of it as validation. You'll need this moment someday to remind yourself why you're doing all this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think that if they had little babies/toddlers for adoption on display, they will be all gone in a heartbeat. I would already have 10 of them at home. So easy to look at their eyes and fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps there should have been a disclaimer before entering the daycare: Wombs will ache upon entering!

    Good on you for being zen. Can you throw some of that calm energy my way?

    ReplyDelete