Saturday, March 3, 2012

Drying Out

Well, I survived the night with all the wicked weather.

My Black.berry kept buzzing all night long with the severe weather alerts that were coming in. We did have some damage in the north of the state, but not as bad as Alabama and others places which were very hard hit.

My heart really goes out to the people who have lost their lives and those displaced. I read that 56% of the US was affected by these storms and they had the most tornadoes in one single day which they normally have in a month!

So, today the sun did come out and things are beginning to dry out.

I went for yoga, which was good. My right wrist did a bit better today. It started painful but relaxed a bit during the session. I have been doing wrist exercises and am being cognizant of how I type and use the mouse. I will have my massage therapist spend some time on it tomorrow.

I came home to five bales of pine straw left on the front lawn left by a church group who does that for raising money. Its a good cause and avoids me having to pile the straw into my car trunk. I guess I will be laying pine straw the next few days. Its a good workout!

I am feeling relaxed after the crazy week. After yoga I cleaned the downstairs - vacuuming, dusting, bathroom, etc. So it looks spotless and smells nice and fresh.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you made it through the storms. When you get done cleaning your house and working on your yard, feel free to come on up and help me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safely through the crazy weather - wow, cannot believe how crazy those storms were! Also glad you are feeling relaxed - btw, your weekends are scarily productive. You make me feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound more at ease too! Glad to hear u r ok. We have had flooding here in Australia. Every year the weather gets worse with natural disasters. Angry mother earth.. Maybe she is infertile, we know how you feel mother earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I must have missed something, did you hurt your wrist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, no, I did not hurt my wrist, but its been bothering me at yoga the past few weeks, so I think I am getting the beginnings of carpal tunnel on my right wrist. BTW -- how do you do reply's to Comments? Is its a setting on Blogger?

    ReplyDelete