Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mid Week Update

Day 8 on Lupron.

I have to say this protocol is super boring....geez!

Nothing is happening!

No AF, so no confirmed DE calendar, no suppression check, no blood tests, nothing...........just this monotony of poking myself every morning and each day passing veeeeery slowly....snooze!

Well, so its CD 28 today....

Hopefully AF shows up soon so things get a bit interesting, like a suppression check or adding some oral meds which will be the height of excitement. 

The DE coordinator said to call her if AF does not show by the 27th.  My temp was still high this morning....so who knows. Seems its a good few days away.

I wonder ... what if I don't get AF at all?  Gosh, I really don't want to have to start this process all over again.

Today I went to pick up the pre-natal vitamins the RE had ordered.  They are massive, like horse pills.....swallowing them will be interesting.  Anyway, I came home and noticed that of the 6 packets, two had an expiry date of 3/2011....yes ONE YEAR ago. The other four were 3/2012.

I immediately called the phramacy and made it clear that I was not too happy about it.  Even 3/2012 was not good given its a 30 day dosage and were are on Day 21 in March. They were very apologetic and said they would get new stock tomorrow. And they better not charge me another $30 for it either!

My taxes are finally done, finalized, and ready to mail. I noticed last year I mailed them on the Mar 23rd...so I am ahead of schedule this time. Although it will probably be Fri by the time I get to mail it.

Thanks Newbie for info on Vit D levels required by CC.RM.  Mine was a total of 27 in Dec and now is 53. The range is 30-200. So, I am okay.

And yes, Tee, like you it was I who asked for AMH blood test from my OB/GYN.......we really do need to be our own advocates.

And Rebecca, the DHEA is good for baby's development.  If you google it you will see a lot of information on it. I just noticed that some prenatals were mentioning having DHEA in them which is why I was curious about it.

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe they gave you expired products...good thing you checked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pharmacy was definitely not on the ball. :-( Would you have to "restart" the cycle without AF? I just never thought of that at all. AF isn't even mentioned in my generic calendar. I think that you are lucky to get some oral meds. All of mine (lupron, estradiol, and PIO) will be in shots. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG here you are trying to get the best info for yourself, asking all the right questions and getting decent recommendations from your RE... and the bloody pharmacists are letting down the whole shebang! Lucky you're so on the ball!!
    That should be a serious lesson learnt by the pharmacy staff - imagine if it was a more serious medication for a child or something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. I've never been so glad to see an IM needle in my life just so I could stop lupron and be DOING something. Expired meds....sheesh....I'm going to go check the dates on all my meds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, expired meds? That would get reported here and the pharmacy would be in a lot of trouble I imagine. So glad you checked..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh an THANK U for not having verification on your comments. It makes supporting people soooooo much easier. I blog from my iPhone and I always stuff up the words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the boredom of waiting for something to happen. I know it well. I hope AF shows up soon for you!

    I've heard a lot about DHEA and its benefits for egg development, so I tried to find some. I was told it isn't available in Canada. Can you believe it? Sheesh. What is wrong with us? I might have to find a way to smuggle some in from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Compared to a fresh cycle, doing a FET is definitely more boring...it's also less nerve-wracking though (until you get closer to transfer that is). Glad your Vit D levels are in the right range now, every little bit counts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew about the DHEA being in baby formula but I was curious as to why it was in the prenatal vitamins. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete