Monday, March 26, 2012

A Chat and a Check

It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend here. Sunny, cool breeze and tufts of white clouds rolling by.

On Sunday, my my Mom and I went to I.KEA which is about 45 min away in the city. I love that store, but have only been twice since I moved to this part of the country. The GPS took us on a very scenic drive of downtown (not!) and after a long drawn route finally got us there.

We had lunch and watched all these cute kids running around (sigh!). I did some shopping in the kitchen area and got a really nice teapot and cups, plus some port/sherry glasses (weird, given I don't even drink port/sherry) and some everyday wine glasses, and other bits and bobs.

On my way there my Mom and I got talking about the upcoming cycle. And as Moms do, she wanted to know how much longer I will keep doing this. By this, I mean TTC. She is concerned of all the drugs I am putting in my body, plus the financial cost of it all.

We chatted a bit about what I am doing and why I want to try every avenue within reason so I don't have regrets later. I also told her about my personal stopping point.  I know that at some time in the foreseeable future I have to pull the plug on this whole saga and accept that I may not have children. I would be okay with that as long as I felt I did everything I could to have them.

I think my Mom gets it and of course she hopes that it works the first time, but sadly I am not that naive as I was 6 mos ago where I though DE was an almost sure thing.

Well, its not.

So, I am being very even keeled about it.  Sure, the statistics are better but its not a 100%. Far from it and it all boils down to luck  - nothing more and nothing less. Also, I have too much information now from reading blogs and stuff about NKC and beta integin and DNA stuff that frankly its a miracle that babies are even born in this world!

I had my suppression check today. It went fine :-)

No cysts. The fibroid are tiny so are not a concern either to my RE or my OB/GYN, and blood result was good. So I have the green light to proceed.

I start Estrace on Thursday due to lab scheduling issues, so not tomorrow as I had expected. Transfer will be around the 15th-17th...which frankly seems decades away.

Someone wake me when its time!

The no-stress express continues to chug along.....

5 comments:

  1. It didn't seem real to me until I got to the clinic for the transfer. Then it became my cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying calm is definitely better than jumping at everything. Keep me updated on the meds; after all I am not too far behind you now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true! Since TTC hearing about "oops" pregnancies is baffling to me knowing how many factors go into making a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you start ttc (and have trouble with it), it really does seem like a miracle that any of us are here. I'm in absolute awe (and envy) of super-fertiles. How do they do it?

    I hope the weeks leading up to the transfer go quickly and that you remain stress-free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that this works well for you. I'll soon be looking into DE more too.

    ReplyDelete